LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Can I have someone explain to me the following.

I see all these low prices and from all the dealers I have contacted they have offered basically invoice and I have a In the Driveway Certificate.

Retail price for an A4 is $33,495
What is invoice price for same A4?
What is In the Driveway price for A4?
What is GMS price for A4?
What is a memo?
What is a GID certificate?
Are their other incentives besides the $3500.00?

Perhaps if I have this information and go into the dealer I can be in a better position to negotiate a good deal.
thx
JOHN

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
sporttahoe said:
Hello, Can I have someone explain to me the following.

I see all these low prices and from all the dealers I have contacted they have offered basically invoice and I have a In the Driveway Certificate.

Retail price for an A4 is $33,495
What is invoice price for same A4?
What is In the Driveway price for A4?
What is GMS price for A4?
What is a memo?
What is a GID certificate?
Are their other incentives besides the $3500.00?

Perhaps if I have this information and go into the dealer I can be in a better position to negotiate a good deal.
thx
JOHN
If you have a GM in the driveway certificate, than the only things that matter are the rebates, as you'll get supplier price (or 4% over GMS) - it's listed on the invoice and not negotiable. Invoice price won't matter since your get GID price (GID= GM in the Driveway). $31,609.19 is current supplier on an A4.

GMS is for GM employees.

Memo is a credit the dealers get for selling a GMS (employee), GMU (PEP), GSU (supplier), or GID (GM in the Driveway) sale since they sell below invoice (and initially lose money - but get the memo back later to make up for it). This is not a rebate or anything.

The rebates look to still be only the $3500 GMAC cash, $1000 oldsmobile loyalty (if you qualify), and $500 military (active duty only). The incentivized lease and smart buy is gone, and the $1000 employee bonus is gone.

·
Registered
56 Posts
miscreant said:
If you have a GM in the driveway certificate, than the only things that matter are the rebates, as you'll get supplier price (or 4% over GMS) - it's listed on the invoice and not negotiable. Invoice price won't matter since your get GID price (GID= GM in the Driveway). $31,609.19 is current supplier on an A4.

GMS is for GM employees.

Memo is a credit the dealers get for selling a GMS (employee), GMU (PEP), GSU (supplier), or GID (GM in the Driveway) sale since they sell below invoice (and initially lose money - but get the memo back later to make up for it). This is not a rebate or anything.

The rebates look to still be only the $3500 GMAC cash, $1000 oldsmobile loyalty (if you qualify), and $500 military (active duty only). The incentivized lease and smart buy is gone, and the $1000 employee bonus is gone.
How does one get a GID certificate?

·
Registered
600 Posts
miscreant said:
If you have a GM in the driveway certificate, than the only things that matter are the rebates, as you'll get supplier price (or 4% over GMS) - it's listed on the invoice and not negotiable.

Supplier price is 4.5% over GMS (GM Employee).

The Northeast still has incentivized SmartLease/SmartBuy, same rate and residuals as September had.

Don't forget base GM Card Rebate earnings (Bonus earnings ended Sept 30th) are still available. Instant Value Ceritificates are also available in October (if dealer received any and uses them on a GTO).

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
Miss-our-GTO said:
Supplier price is 4.5% over GMS (GM Employee).
Yes, thanks for the correction. I forgot Pontiac is still 4.5%. Either way, it's printed on the invoice so that should help.

Are you sure about the lease/smart buy? I just talked to my buddy in Ohio (Sales Manager), and he said they are pissed because they lost them (we consoled each other :) ) - but they are in the North Central. They don't show in a VIN Incentive lookup either. Interestingly enough, we just got them back :eek2:

·
Registered
600 Posts
miscreant said:
Yes, thanks for the correction. I forgot Pontiac is still 4.5%. Either way, it's printed on the invoice so that should help.

Are you sure about the lease/smart buy? I just talked to my buddy in Ohio (Sales Manager), and he said they are pissed because they lost them (we consoled each other :) ) - but they are in the North Central. They don't show in a VIN Incentive lookup either. Interestingly enough, we just got them back :eek2:

Someone pointed out that the GM Buypower/ GMAC payment section didn't have the updated info either. So it must be a system wide issue with GM updating for the leases. Afterall, it was a weekend when the programs came out. Have you friend in Ohio check the letter copy of the programs, if the computer isn't updated.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Half the time GM supplier is a few hundred more them invoice. so you will want to make sure before you buy that way. Ask to see it. by the way if the person who gives you the GM supplier is like a dealer rep then if they are good friends with you they can get you what is called a LTI program which is giving you GMS, and there is no better way to buy a gm car than that. Unless your enterprise rental

·
Skinny Kid Racing
15 Posts
hmm, gmsgto....

funny that every one of my invoice sheets, supplier price is LESS then invoice. Braeger Chevrolet in Milwaukee, WI. NOW, for Ford, their X-plan(supplier like price) is sometimes higher then what a normal person can get the vehicle for.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I didn't say it always was. It is only 121.00 cheaper than invoice on our A4 GTO. We do have some Grand prix's that GM supplier is higher than invoice. I was just stating that for reference for you to check. I wasn't for sure though. Sorry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts