LS1GTO Forums banner

help installing cutouts

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  CMNTMXR57 
#1 · (Edited)
help

hi all...i want to install exhaust cutouts...
-so what is the best location for them?
-should i remove cats?what happens then?and what happens if i dont?
-what about o2 (or somthing) sensors?
-would the car run rich?should i tune it or it will acclimatize it self?
-would i loose torque?
-how do i get the wire into the cabin ? (electric cutouts)
-
THANKS ALOT :)

#2 · (Edited)
What to look for: An electric cutout is the best bet, you can be loud when you need/want it to be and quite when you need/want it to be all at the flip of a switch. A standard cut you you’ll need to get under the car to cap or uncap it. A cutout is a great mod for cheap horsepower and sound.

How/Where to install: For an electric cutout follow the wiring guide instructions. For both type of cutouts you'll need to have them welded in. You have a few options of placement. The easiest is the I-pipe as there is plenty of room. You can also run dual cutouts in place of where the cats would be (on a LT' setup). Dual cats and cutouts can be done but the fitment will be very close and you'll need to run some small cats.

Here's a site that might help:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139142

There's a cutout section where I got that information. Hope it helps.

Oh.... and let me know how the cutout system works for you on the GTO. I was considering cutouts.

#6 ·
You also don't have to crawl under you car each time you want the sound or need the free flowing performance (I.E. when another car pulls up to race you). You can't tell him to "Hold on, I need to get out, crawl under my car and open my cutout!" :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.