LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend driving home late at night the plastic connector on the lower radiator decided to bust off. I heard a thump then that was it, i must have hit something small, well i called the dealer and they said they would not cover it under warranty so i said fine i want to buy a radiatorm and there response was about a month to get a radiator from Holdon in Australia. Does anyone know of a wrecked GTO with a good radiator, o rhave one for sale? The plastic part where the lower hose hooks to the radiator completely broke off. email me [email protected]

Thanks
Don Coulsn
Slippery Rock, PA

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Just wait around for a little longer. We seem to have an epidemic of goats being totaled lately.

But then again, some guy here who owns an impulse blue goat has been looking for a used trunklid since Abe Lincoln was born......

·
Registered
571 Posts
dcoulson said:
This weekend driving home late at night the plastic connector on the lower radiator decided to bust off. I heard a thump then that was it, i must have hit something small, well i called the dealer and they said they would not cover it under warranty so i said fine i want to buy a radiatorm and there response was about a month to get a radiator from Holdon in Australia. Does anyone know of a wrecked GTO with a good radiator, o rhave one for sale? The plastic part where the lower hose hooks to the radiator completely broke off. email me [email protected]

Thanks
Don Coulsn
Slippery Rock, PA
You let the dealer off too easy. How do you know it wasn't cracked from the factory or impurities in the mold?

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Napa sells a Plastic Radiator Repair Kit to fix those things.It consists of a special epoxy resin for plastic and fiberglass.If your thinking it won't work,thats what I thought also.I've used this stuff to repair many plastic radiators as well as other plastic parts.The only trick is,you have to work FAST.This stuff cures fast.Give it a shot,you have nothing to lose and I think you will be very suprised as I was.
Anthony

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i did let the dealer off to easy i was beign honest i said i heard a thump and thats all teh needed to hear. So what i doo is take it somewhere else and say it just broke fix the damn thing. and wha-la no cost. just time but i can spare that.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I don't get this 'can't get the part for a month' business. In the 70's that excuse
might work, but today, that's bulldung.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The radiator sits above the steel radiator support. So, unless you ripped the bottom of your car off, it couldn't be caused by anything you hit. Take it to another dealer and let them determine what happened. I know you found a replacement for $175 which isn't much, but these dealerships are getting worse, their customer service is horrible. These cars are expensive, and they shouldn't be falling apart like they are. Nothing takes a month to get anymore these days, even from Australia. 2 days from UPS, a week from Global, etc. The US inventory has been building steadily, so I would bet that there is a radiator in the US.

Dave

·
Registered
492 Posts
dcoulson said:
thank you sir!!! ill be calling them tommmorow.
No Problem!

I do agree that you should pressure your dealership to cover the car under warranty or try a different dealership first. If all else fails contact Pontiac and see if they can help, but it has been my experience that they usually side with the dealer as "They are our eyes and ears in the field..." blah blah blah

The dealership here never wants to do warranty work, but when you are paying for it they are your best friend. :banghead:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts