LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am hoping to get some help on this diagnostic readout. I am currently looking at buying an 04 modded GTO from a performance dealer. I had a 3rd party company go inspect the car. Aside from very minor things that I have no problem fixing, he did diagnostics on the car and these are the results.

also, here are the known modifications in the cars engine/exhaust.
Long tube headers
Catted mid-pipe
Borla catback exhaust system
MSD sparks plug wires and sheaths
vehicle has 107k miles on it

What does this diagnostic report even mean? Seems like the cpu is masking different outputs so I don’t get a check engine light and the whole thing doesn’t blow up.

any help would be appreciated and I’m starting to think that this car might just need a bit too much knowledge for me to take care of it properly.

thank you all for your feedback.

Attachments

·
Registered
837 Posts
Report means keep looking. Those mods would throw the catalyst codes but everything else is anyone’s guess, electrical gremlin...?

·
Worthless reject member
39,382 Posts
Most of those codes say "not ran." Why, i could not say. I would venture to guess the test associated with each code was not run by the ECM. Perhaps the ECM has been recently reflashed or reset.

That obd ii scanner is a bit more involved than your average code scanner. I've never used one. I would be wondering why the 3rd party didn't explain it to you?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Need a report with more detail, 'not run' doesn't say much more than that. Are they pending? Stored? A freeze frame of what was going on when the code was set? As it sits I'd be looking for an 11 foot pole

·
Administrator
8,100 Posts
Yeah, you can't really tell much of anything with that report.

·
It's only cosmetic...
417 Posts
Most of those codes say "not ran." Why, i could not say. I would venture to guess the test associated with each code was not run by the ECM. Perhaps the ECM has been recently reflashed or reset.

That obd ii scanner is a bit more involved than your average code scanner. I've never used one. I would be wondering why the 3rd party didn't explain it to you?
This. The readiness monitors have not passed the conditions for each test listed as not ran. You cannot pass an OBD-II emissions inspection with more than a certain number of monitors showing not ran. In AZ, these cars can only have 1 monitor not ran in order to pass.

Some more information on OBD-II testing and Arizona's requirements:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts