LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an appointment to have my resonators removed in about an hour. The mechanic thinks they are cats but said he would cut them down check and if he thinks there cats weld them back up. I saw a diagram on 04 exhaust a while back did a search but can't find it. I think this would help? Any help would be appreciated.

Well there out thanks for the help! Don't sound much different though . I had him check the H pipe to see if was fake like I have read here. What the f*ck is the purpose of a fake H pipe ! He said he had never seen anything like that.

·
Registered
112 Posts
if he cant tell the difference go some where else, the cats are typically then next bulky thing from the headers or exhaust manifold, and have sensors before and after them, follow your mufflers from the tail back, first the mufflers., then the resonator then the cats and the engine.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The guy is decent enough to take my word for it so I'll give him the benefit of the dought. I just wish I had a diagram for insurance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.