LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has the procedure for replacing the passenger window? I already ordered a service manual, but that wont be here until the end of the week, and I already have the glass. I was going to wait for the manual, but the weather is not looking so hot, and I don’t want the car to get all wet inside. I did some searches, but didn’t find anything.

A little background info for everyone. Someone tried to steal my car about a week ago:The_Villa . They broke the passenger side window, but the tint kept things together. They tried to pry the glass out as one whole piece, but didn’t finish the job (something must have scared them away:confused: ). They almost had the window out, I was able to pull the whole thing out in one piece myself. Luckily, nothing else was damaged or stolen.

·
Collecting "My Lil Ponies"
2,965 Posts
diddo on this thread, maybe i wont have to go tint my drivers door, i can swap the windows. damn deer anyway.

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
I vote "take it to a pro"

For the opable windows in the doors, follow this link:
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92825&highlight=8-247 . I actually found the thread by looking up the page # in the helms and searching on that, so no smart alec comments about the search button.

For the fixed windows, (8-613 thru 8-632) good gawd. Take it to a pro and be ready for the pro to say you have to take it to a dealer. The nine nuts holding the rear quarter window frame to the body shell are TTY nuts...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
swmn

I found that link during my searches. I'm looking for the full directions in the service manual for the pass door window.

And taking it to a "pro" usually ends up being some guy that has even less knowledge on how to do it than I do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts