LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
qwkgoat
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting tuned on Monday...just want to make sure I can make the drive 3.5 hours to Creech. Besides difficult idling...now I'm down to 12mpg and VERY sluggish. Is this a result of my cam, probably catless mids, and the computer being completely confused? Sounds like I'm way rich if my MPG is suffering that bad which would explain the sluggishness...right? This I would imagine is normal right? Looking for feedback ASAP.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
umm, its normal to a point. that is more MPG loss that i've seen. i just cant see a small cam acting like that.. i've installed a few with much bigger cams and while it was a pain it not as bad as you say

·
Administrator
21,142 Posts
That cam doesn't seem crazy enough to whack your PCM so much. I would make sure notihng else is wrong, like a loose plug wire or something.

·
qwkgoat
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't pull th codes...but I know for sure my computer is throwing "Low Catalytic Threshold" no kidding...I don't have cats. Could I be runnin that rich? Plugs only have about 5K on them (TR55s) and my wires seem to be fine...

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
I would check over the install and just get it tuned. It may not be anything other than a tune needed.

Good Luck with it.

·
qwkgoat
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I assisted w/ the install no issues what so ever. No fluid leaking...oil pressure is perfectly normal...temps are normal...just not tuned that's all. I have a feeling the tune will fix her right up...just not used to the goat running so crappy.

·
Money Pit
1,519 Posts
Hate to tell you Keith, but get used to it. Mine runs like crap most of the time, and I've spent tons of money tuning and still don't have it right. That's just the bad thing about it. I still throw cel's. If I had to do it again I would've never put a cam in it. Just full exhaust and tune.

·
Money Pit
1,519 Posts
That's what I'm thinking. Performance seems to be the same with the light on/off. I remember Nick showing me some things on I believe was my tb tables or something like that where a bunch of stuff was screwed up and was reading 0.000. I just need to get my $ together and come back to Mooresville for a week. If that doesn't work I'm pulling the cam out.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
fat nick said:
That's what I'm thinking. Performance seems to be the same with the light on/off. I remember Nick showing me some things on I believe was my tb tables or something like that where a bunch of stuff was screwed up and was reading 0.000. I just need to get my $ together and come back to Mooresville for a week. If that doesn't work I'm pulling the cam out.
i'd pull it anyway, go with some of hte stuff i've been working on. or H/C with a matched cam, you'll have a tick more power without the hassel

·
qwkgoat
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
R U talking to Nick or me?

·
Premium Member
13,102 Posts
Did you install O2 Simulators?

·
qwkgoat
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nope...I had a Predator and tuned them out...now no tune and their reading incorrectly.

·
Money Pit
1,519 Posts
Yeah that's probably part of the problem. Hell you should've seen the codes I was throwing. I had about 27 codes when I was untuned for the cam and had a regular predator tune in it. Pulled the predator tune and I only had 4.

·
qwkgoat
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't have a Predator tune in it...it was pulled a week prior to the cam installation. I might just change my plugs for sh*ts and giggles...I have new ones in the garage.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.