LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 5.7 ls1 functioning ram air hood cold air intake manual t-56 1998 GM Bright Purple Metta
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2004 as pictured is a six speed when going from from first to 2nd i get a banging in rear thought it was trans mount but its not .. I'm sure lots of u guy"s have had this problem could it be center support bearing or any of your comments are greatly appreciated ....
825bf543-b839-45c3-8326-1de5c8e5278c.jpeg

·
Worthless reject member
46,874 Posts
Subframe bushings, exhaust mids smacking the floorpan, weak and collapsed trans mount, completely destroyed driveshaft carrier bearing bushing, differential mount or loose differential to subframe bolts, the list of possibilities is pretty long.

Get under and look around for loose junk or witness marks from parts slapping together.

·
Registered
2004 5.7 ls1 functioning ram air hood cold air intake manual t-56 1998 GM Bright Purple Metta
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Subframe bushings, exhaust mids smacking the floorpan, weak and collapsed trans mount, completely destroyed driveshaft carrier bearing bushing, differential mount or loose differential to subframe bolts, the list of possibilities is pretty long.

Get under and look around for loose junk or witness marks from parts slapping together.

can i replace center support if its cause or will i have to replace whole shaft and thanks for reply

·
Worthless reject member
46,874 Posts
You can replace it yourself, there's a how to on YouTube if you search for it. Biggest deal is marking the alignment of both sides of the driveshaft to each other before you bang them apart, and making sure those marks line up when you put it back together.

·
Registered
954 Posts
See if these help:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See if these help:

thanks appreciate help

·
Administrator
8,745 Posts
Possibly the infamous 04 Trunk Monkey.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts