LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
donde esta la biblioteca
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have this kenwood that im finally getting around to adjusting (after 2 years) but I never really understood crossover setting and stereo frequency. can any of y'all help me. aside from the headhunt, everything is stock

I just don't know frequencies I should be set to, and I know that if I set the tweeters wrong I may blow them or whatever. everyone says that the stock system isn't too bad and im just trying to make the best out of it. I would much rather spend money on the performance of the car but it needs to sound ass good as I can get without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well, running 8 speakers with a 4 channel stereo is troublesome. The rear signal gets taken care of by the amp but I don't remember how the tweeters are wired in. Doesn't take much to replace the stuff. Something with a built in crossover for the components up front.
Id just mess around with it with the music you listen do assuming you don't have a tone disc. The stock stuff is quick old so wouldn't blew them going out any time soon.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Do you have an amplifier connected to your speakers? If you do, I usually just use the pass through for front and rear. Then do like 80hz lowpass filter with -12db for the bass if you have a subwoofer amp. Then use your mids and highs amp's crossover settings for your mids and highs. Depending on your mids and highs frequency play range, that'll give you an idea for what to set your bandpass filter. If you PM me i can help a lot. I used to be into audio before gto stuff haha. Had a 158db (termlab measured on the dash) hyundai elantra back in the day!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts