LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my trunk won't latch. Somehow or another the screw came off. So I put it back on nice and tight and it still doesn't latch. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.
TIA

·
Worthless reject member
51,742 Posts
these annoying latches have to hit the loop just right.

if you know someone small, have them get inside the trunk to tighten the screw with the trunk closed and latched. then let them out. :ROFLMAO:

make sure the latch is released, too. give the emergency release handle a yank before you try to close it.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My trunk doesn't lock (latch?) about half the time. I hit the truck release button on the remote while I have it open, and that fixes it...until next time. Don't know if that's useful.

·
Registered
CP M6 04, YJ A4 04
99 Posts
Not that the 1st reply, involving a leprechaun, wasn't the best one 🍀 but -
Wife's 04 trunk release sounded like it was going to implode from day one, had it to dealer a couple times & they said 'that's normal' - 15 yrs later for This car it is. Later tho, hers had problem yours does, so I did what was suggested here: make sure the catch loop is in the right place / hasn't moved.
But - problem turned out to be the latch itself had come loose in the trunk lid, one bolt was about to come out by the time I finally looked at The Other Part - my duh. Bolt was almost loose enuf to fall out, so it was moving around. I put it back to where it was supposed to be, based on the marks in the trunk paint, tightened it, and was fine after that. (well, after I re-adjusted the catch loop back to where it was)

good tip tho from whippersnapper and hadn't heard / tried / even considered the kidnap cable (great term btw) but wouldn't have fixed my problem (wife's car, therefore my problem) anyway

·
Registered
CP M6 04, YJ A4 04
99 Posts
My trunk doesn't lock (latch?) about half the time. I hit the truck release button on the remote while I have it open, and that fixes it...until next time. Don't know if that's useful.
Logan71 - also had this problem on hers starts out w/won't open half the time unless you pull on it, then proceeds to Will Fall On You W/O Warning trunk cylinders are getting weak, and are not lifting it enuf / at all when you hit the pop the trunk button you want to replace them before they get to WFOYWOW stage

1 - 12 of 12 Posts