LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have maybe about 200 miles on my new tex clutch and i have noticed something and im not sure if there is a problem of if something is wrong. When i go to pull out gently there is a major vibrations coming from the back almost like as if a "normal" stick car is about to stall out but more violent. If i pull out agressive no problem or if i let the clutch out like normal but say around 2500 rpm instead of the normal 1000 to 1500 its also fine. Anyone no what might be the problem?????
Thanks
jason

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone????

·
Registered
149 Posts
05GTO Jason said:
Anyone????
Are your mounts in good shape? I rechecked a friend's GT because he was having about the same problem. He installed the clutch himself w/ new OEM disc and cover assy, and had the FW resurfaced and shimmed so he wouldn't have any problems. I did a tear-down to make sure it was done right. It was. Problem was with both motor mounts; he's got a heavy foot. That fixed his problem. Can't be sure about yours tho' because I'm not there.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
it could be clutch chatter. when i leave off of idle i get a little. if i'm at 1,200 rpm and up i get none. chatter is something a lot of "heavier-duty" clutches suffer from. not to be too worried if that's what it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts