LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Still not Mexican.
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may have "blown" my factory head unit installing the Sony bluetooth. If I go borrow a friends head unit and put it in my car do I need a security key or will it just come one. I am trying to determine what went wrong. I figure if someone elses head unit works in my car I will no that is the problem. One stupid mistake I made was cutting off the factory BT connector, all six wire simultaniously, without disconecting the battery. Now the security light on the radio is not even blinking. HELP!!!

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
Yes cutting those wires was a mistake, you may have just blown a fuse when you did that. I can't say for sure off the top of my head which fuse it would be, but check in both the inside (under drivers dash) and under hood boxes. Most likely it will be in the inside fuse box.
Do that before swapping radios, so you don't have to mess with security codes unnecessarily.

·
Still not Mexican.
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuse under the dash and in the back of the head unit look OK. I do not think there is a radio fuse under the hood. I am at a loss...

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
Just looked in the manual. There are TWO fuses in the under-dash fuse box marked "Radio and Cell Phone", check them both and make sure they are ok.

·
Still not Mexican.
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude, you are the ****ing man. I would have never looked for that second fuse under th dash. Thanks a million!

·
Still not Mexican.
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, now I have to go and pick up some more insulated connectors and redo what I undid trying to find my problem. The radio is working again now. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts