LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fishtailed into a curb.

My wheel is cracked, an adjustable (toe?) link on the suspension looks bent.

What else could I have damaged?

Can anyone tell me where I can order replacements, as cheap as possible?

Anyone wanna sell their stock wheels?

Thanks for your help.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
No help but a bump to the top for you!

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Maestro said:
I fishtailed into a curb.

My wheel is cracked, an adjustable (toe?) link on the suspension looks bent.

What else could I have damaged?

Can anyone tell me where I can order replacements, as cheap as possible?

Anyone wanna sell their stock wheels?

Thanks for your help.
Where are you located Maestro? How hard did you nail it? Straight sideways or at what angle (guess)? The ONLY place you can get parts for the chassis related to the damage you are describing is Holden, a Dealer who can order them out of PA (if they are there), or off one of the 5 or so that have been trashed that might have unaffected parts. You are about to have your wallet raped, pillaged, and ruined I fear :cry: .....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Old Goat said:
Where are you located Maestro? How hard did you nail it? Straight sideways or at what angle (guess)? The ONLY place you can get parts for the chassis related to the damage you are describing is Holden, a Dealer who can order them out of PA (if they are there), or off one of the 5 or so that have been trashed that might have unaffected parts. You are about to have your wallet raped, pillaged, and ruined I fear :cry: .....
Michigan.

I hit it hard. The tire is out of camber in a negative fashion.

I am hoping it is just the adustable link that needs replacing.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Guessing

Maestro said:
Michigan.

I hit it hard. The tire is out of camber in a negative fashion.

I am hoping it is just the adustable link that needs replacing.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Rim toast, link toast, bearings, halfshaft, and related parts from the studs all the way to the center section will need checking, and a four wheel alignment at a good frame shop to make sure you didn't boot the whole rear end to the left or right in regards to the frame as the case may be.... You may have to do this one as an accident, and lean on your insurance, depending on how 'right' you want it to be. :(

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
If you can tell the wheel is out of camber then it's more than just the wheel i'm afraid. You could try and acquire a OE wheel to save some money (i'm sure the OE cost about 500bucks each). I'm willing to say that you may want to file with your insurance.

Sorry to hear about your situation. If it's any consolation there was plenty of 03 Cobra owners that wrecked when they first got there car. One guy got on it on a on ramp, lost traction, and nailed the wall. Lets just say the rim was in pieces and he smashed a whole side of the car. Much worse off that you it seems.

It'll get fixed, just gonna take some time and money.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Similar accidents to this is what made 435hp 427ci vettes so rare :rolleyes:

Sounds like you hit it pretty hard, will probley need to replace that big lower control arm in addition to what others have suggested. Maybe a shock as well and a damn good alignment. If you get it done through insurance they will try and get out of it cheap as possible and skip on marginally needed parts (cause these insurance adjusters are mechancis right? :wall: ).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts