LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 04 and had many electrical problems when I got it and went thru 3 alternators until I had the dealership put in a gm one that I still feel isn’t working properly but did solve some of my problems. My issues now are my battery dying every 2-4 days and my 4 main relays on the drivers side lower fuse box heating up very hot and blowing. Also when I run the car at high rpms I get abs fault flashing and seatbelt fault and my gauges act funny and my traction control will stay on without being able to turn off. Is my alternator bad or a regulator somewhere needed replaced? Or wiring?

·
Worthless reject member
40,655 Posts
check the system voltage with the car running, check the L and S terminals on the alternator and make sure the associated circuits work.

also check for current draw key off. i would unplug the fuses that are blowing and check there with an multimeter to see if they are drawing amperage with the key off.

(sorry i had to edit. 05/06 has an L and F terminal, 04 has L and S.)

and lastly, check the good old glovebox bcm wire harness bullcrap. because GTO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My relays. Well they havnt burnt yet but they were really really hot. All four of them. I’ll have to get a multimeter I only have simple light tester. And I have the glovebox wire already taken care of read about that right when I got the car and it had these issues lol but thank you I’ll see what happens tomorrow

·
Worthless reject member
40,655 Posts
starter relay looks to be the "bottom" most. starter circuit is easy to check, make sure the harness isn't worn through or contacting any bare metal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts