LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you like myself with TPW's in mid December, this MIGHT help you gauge where your car MIGHT be. Annoyed again, I e-mailed Pontiac about my Goat's existence or whereabouts. They informed me my car was built December 20th (my TPW was moved to 12/17 in November after originally being October, I switched dealers and resubmitted my order first week of July), and that it will take 30 to 45 days to reach port in California. If this is accurate (BIG IF) then I would ASSUME due to the delivery time that the car did not make the Dec 29th shipment, and that another shipment would leave shortly thereafter. Of course ASSUME makes an ASS of U and ME, so whose to say. I would also ASSUME that my hopes of getting this car by late February are toast. I have a strong feeling that since I just found out I won a nice trip to Cabo through my company today ( :thumbs: ) which occurs March 5th thru 10th give or take a day, the friggin thing will show up while I'm gone!! NOT that I'm complaining!! Anyone want to start a pool on this? I'll bet Mixer a neon light kit that it happens. It might be later than that though..... :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
On January 7th, my dealer reported that my Phantom Black / Black 6m was built on December 20th (12/8 tpw), but was still "down-under." Based on the experience of others, I was guessing for mid-March delivery, but of course hoping for the best. It looks like our cars will be on the boat together. My guess is that our cars arrive the week after your trip. Contratulations & enjoy!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
DY is the Awesomest
59 Posts
so u are telling me that my car which had a tpw of 12/17 will not be here till march? this sucks a big one!! i was wishing for feb.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably best for Devil and I anyway, along with anyone else in the midwest. If it showed up in February it would likely just sit in the garage and taunt us until the sun came out. Thanks for the kudos wolf, keep the posts coming, I see that was your first. Our cars are probably just sitting down their wondering when they'll get some action. Now I'm talking like the car has real thoughts or something, I think I'll go read a book or seek help or something.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
I'm a 12/1/03 TPW and I'm thinking mine will be here by the first of March, but I could be off a bit. I would also be in the boat of getting the car, driving it home and then letting it sit in the garage until there is no snow and very little salt left on the road. I'm sure whenever it gets here, I'll hit a snowstorm on the drive back from IL and the car will see snow though - just the way these things are going.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I see no ship scheduled out of Adelaide for the West Coast after the Cosmos Express left on 12/29. That is up to 1/18.
:drink: :drink:

·
Registered
214 Posts
my dealer called and said he had some news and gave me the vin # on my car and said something about jan 3rd and then the 8th, so i am assuming my car is either in cal. or on its way to kc. any thoughts?

·
Registered
244 Posts
They are due to begin to crank up production this week so I'd suggest it may take a few weeks to get the next ship load ready - (That is just a gut guess about numbers).

Holden will also find out about access to gas supplies and any impact on production that the January 1 explosion at Moomba will have.

Mike

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
No betting here! I know I probably won't see mine until next January! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
529 Posts
My TPW was 11/27 and I'm pretty sure it made the latest ship. My guess is a late February delivery. Making my total wait from order 7/22 to 2/29-ish delivery of 7 months. I didn't know I possessed this kind of patience. Wait a minute, I don't!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts