LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its time to waste more money. Yay. I should have done what my conscience told me to do....build a bigger exhaust. I built a nice (single) 3" setup, but i've now outgrown it. Once I get past 16psi, adding boost make less difference and I can tell its being choked. I was thinking about going 3.5" but not sure if THATS going to be enough for future growth. I always said I didnt give a shit about making 1000hp because I never thought my fuel system (bucket mainly) would support it, but maybe I will end up to that point. Evidently these cars take alot of power to get them to move. I'm on 18lbs right now and while its fast no doubt, but still doesnt quite scare me enough lol.

I'm trying to decide between a few different routes I can take on the exhaust. I really dont want to do the exhaust again. I have 3.5" pipe now, I just need a couple elbows and a muffler. So thats the cheapest option.
so:
1) 3.5" all the way out the back, BORLA 3.5" muffler
2) 3.5" out the back, 3.5" electronic muffler so I can have dual mode...sometimes I want it to sound rowdy lol
3) 3.5" to the muffler, neck down to the 3" borla muffler I have now. Then a 3" bypass around (before) the muffler and all the way out the back. I'd have dual 3" pipes running side by side. Basically routing the bypass past the muffler and exiting with the other muffler pipe. This would probably be the best flowing and loudest/quietest option of the 3.5"
OR should I do 4"?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Or dual 3’s all the way back to an LS2 rear bumper cover? At least the propulsion will be even, 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
61 Posts
Why not just add a cutout to the existing exhaust 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
12,842 Posts
This isn't a daily driver. Fender Exit.

·
Hell pecker yeah
7,507 Posts
4" would make you a man.

Reactions: Kfxguy

·
Registered Winner
7,344 Posts
I was going to say dual hood exits but decided to leave it alone. Apparently I am in good company.

For fender exits don't you need a muffler or a cat on there to get it inspected?

·
Worthless reject member
41,015 Posts
Aight fellas. Pulled the car in my shop yesterday and got started last night. Little backstory. Y'all sux. I just picked up 40 feet of some 5" diameter titanium tubing and started cutting out pie sections for the bends and went to town tig welding. Didn't even bother mocking anything up for fitment, just eyeballed everything. My exhaust is now worth more than my GTO and looks better, too. FITE MEH.
Wut

·
Super Moderator
12,842 Posts
I R cornfused. Fox is playing quote games lol.

·
Super Moderator
12,842 Posts

·
Registered Winner
7,344 Posts
Ya'll see that other thread where the two OG members about to fite meh each other? I mayhaps go instigate on this glorious Friday.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts