LS1GTO Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
MAAAAAAAN.....i got my muffler in. That thing is the biggest most heavy muffler I've ever seen in my life! It weighs 26lbs. my whole exhaust I have now doesnt weigh that much. Needless to say, I sent it back today. Back to square 1. I may end up building my own muffler at this point.

·
Freedom Fighter
777 Posts
MAAAAAAAN.....i got my muffler in. That thing is the biggest most heavy muffler I've ever seen in my life! It weighs 26lbs. my whole exhaust I have now doesnt weigh that much. Needless to say, I sent it back today. Back to square 1. I may end up building my own muffler at this point.
What about these?

I have a magnaflow catback and I love it. Borla isn't much different in that both are straight through perforated pipes with packing, right?

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
What about these?

I have a magnaflow catback and I love it. Borla isn't much different in that both are straight through perforated pipes with packing, right?
I have one of those right now. I had a magnaflow before that. I like the borla better, less drone (when I had drone). Once I added the turbo, the drone was 100% gone. I really need a dual 3” in and dual 3” out that’s compact enough to fit under the car.

·
Worthless reject member
40,979 Posts
you ever think of just adding some kind of resonance chamber before the muffler? not another muffler with a perforated tube and glasspacking, or a chambered muffler, but just a plain old resonator.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
you ever think of just adding some kind of resonance chamber before the muffler? not another muffler with a perforated tube and glasspacking, or a chambered muffler, but just a plain old resonator.
I did. It made the sound deeper.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
what do you THINK... haha
Sometimes i don’t.

(think)

but now I think I get what your saying. I can get a little defensive about the 4l60.....I get angry when people say it’s a piece of shit. Because I know that whoever is building it, doesn’t care or doesn’t know better. And it hurts me for you guys that have had the misfortune of dealing with the fuckery of it. I really get aggravated when you guys get ripped off at joe blow trans shops.
Now look. I know what you are thinking right now. I broke my shot a couple times. And yea, I did. But that was self inflicted. So I can’t count those. I know now that there HAS to be a little bit of tq management on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift. But the same thing applies to all the new transmissions too. Take the tq management out of a a6, a8 or a10 and it’s gonna munch it.
a th400 and 4l80 will break too if they aren’t built. But those are the only two and a powerglide that you don’t need to pull timing. Boy did I go off on a tangent. Lol. I’m bored, what can I say. Alright, time to get back on this turbo car in my shop.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts