LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my exhaust clip of my Kooks headers, offroad pipes, and Corsa sport.

Before you click the link. Here is the order of what I did. I tried to make a video of what driving the car would be like. Not just reving up the engine outside the car, or idleing.

What I did was start off with my first time at the drag strip, do a startup, idle, and reving from outside the car. Then while on the highway, I did a 6 to 4 drop with the widows open. Then, did a sixth gear acceleration to show that fact of no drone. That was with windows closed. The, went back to the 6 to 4 drop with the windows shut. I stopped at a park and ride, and did a rev with the wingos open, and the widows shut. You can hear when I closed the window. I then did a take off from light traffic. Yes, I changed lanes to accelerate more. The windows were closed then too. I then stopped on the side of the road, and waited for traffic to clear. Did a hard take off with windows closed, and track on.

I hope this helps those looking for an all around idea of what this combo will sound like. I will later follow up with a drive by, and a granny take off.

:comp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwVS8vEWbd8

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
Black Devil said:
I hope this helps those looking for an all around idea of what this combo will sound like. I will later follow up with a drive by, and a granny take off.

:comp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwVS8vEWbd8
Nice vid bro!! It's almost like the one I made with the Kooks and Flowmasters. Your's is so much louder, mine is much deeper, sounds good though.

ROK

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am debating on cats. Would tone down some of the poping on decel. that would change the tone as well.

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
low traction.....lol sounds good !

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's got more tourqe with the headers.

·
RIP Jack of Hearts & Tootsie
7,563 Posts
That sounds pretty damn good Black Devil. I'd leave it the way it is, but it's your car and you do what you like. I would hope that tprgto doesn't see this video. He's got by-state authority and he's a tickler ya know with the speed limit:gears: :wall: :gr_devil:

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
I love and miss that sound. But the good news is we just recently installed it on a local 04 GTO so I still get to listen to it!

Congrats man

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will have to say. The biggest change to the sound of the exhaust will be a cam and heads. I love the sound of Corsa with a cam.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tell your friends. :pimp:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Awesome clips, although it was painful watching that neon pull you:(. Which light in the dash is on, is that the engine light(bottom right of the cluster)? Anyhow, i think you sold me on corsa.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Corsa is a well built exhaust. It sounds great IMO, and I have not had one problem with it.

Yes, that is my engine light. Need a tune. My o2's don't like no cats. Soon.

That neon was a 12.5 car. He was fast, had over 20psi boost, and slicks. He had alot under the hood to. All I had was a FAST 78mm throttle body, and the exhaust. Still even had the stock paper filter, and tune.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It takes a man to be able to post a vid of him being beat by a neon. :D

But hey, a low 13 pass is nothing to sneeze at, and I gotta concur with everyone else, the car sounds GREAT.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
GTO04 said:
It takes a man to be able to post a vid of him being beat by a neon. :D
A beating is a car or two. That was a full on ass whipping! :) Bet the Neon group has that posted in about 4 million places. :bewarespa

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope not. Oh well. The gears will be in soon. That and my cam after winter. I'll be back, and I'll get him.

·
1 of 412 QS Black/M6/18's
528 Posts
Great sound clip....it has answered all my questions on the Corsa Sport. Love the sound and having the clips of different situations really sounds good.

JR

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't feel bad about the Neon. I got spanked by a 1972 Malibu wagon with rust holes and fake wood on the sides and I was in my 03 Z06. The worse part was something broke on his car 3/4 of the way down and he still coasted over the line before me and I was doing low 12's.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Holy crap man. That Malibu must have had something underthere.

I take it you race at NED. I have been there once, and will be back before the end of October.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Black Devil said:
I am debating on cats. Would tone down some of the poping on decel. that would change the tone as well.
I have quite a bit of popping on decel. The tone is pretty similar to mine with cats. I believe yours is a little louder at WOT with a slight higher pitched tone.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts