LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Looks GREAT!! I actually ordered some recently. I am going back after trying a lot of other products. How did you prep the car?

Brett

·
Swank GTO Driver
3 Posts
I just totally Zaino'ed my car, first time I ever used any of their products. Wow, was I impressed! I did the full regimen...washed with Dawn, claybarred, washed with Z7, applied Z1 polish lok, applied Z5 polish, removed, then applied Z6. A completely stunning result, and that's just the first coat! I plan on doing another coat of Z5, then 2 coats of Z2.

Looks great, Protrident! :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I should add, try Z10, which is the leather conditioner. REALLY helps keep the leather looking nice in the long term! Just my $.02 as a detailer by trade!

Brett

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
As many of the rest of us talk about it so much, I am certainly glad you are pleased and realize we werent yanking everyones chains. Car looks great. As a side note, the more coats, the deeper clearer the shine will get.
Great Job

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys! I love this stuff. I did it all too... dawn wash, then z7 wash, then clay bar'd using the left over from the z7 wash as lubricant, then z7 wash again after the claybar, then ZFX enhanced z5, and since it's new and I don't have any swirls, yesterday I did 3 coats of z2 with z6 spray after each coat. a TON of work on that initial set up.. but it was worth it. I can tell the places I didn't clay as well.. like the middle of the car roof, they feel slighty grainy compared to the rest of the paint. I'm not sure I'll get any more coats on this season, it's getting too cold for it to dry in a reasonable time. So.. 4 coats for the winter.. I wish I had a garage!

Question... how does Meguiar's pro series compare to Zaino? I'm having some guys talk smack and I'm trying to reason with them.

·
2004 Pontiac GTO
167 Posts
I'm not sure if I like those results...kinda makes the car look PURPLE :hail:

·
'MPULSIV'
595 Posts
I'm not sure if I like those results...kinda makes the car look PURPLE
I knew there was something funny about those photos :gr_jest:

Protrident - the car looks great!!! The guys are right, the more apps the deeper the shine. I have 5 coats on 'Blue' so far and I have only owned her two weeks... :)

"Hi, my name is Jeff and I'm a Zainoholic"

"Hi Jeff"

·
wheel hop tamer
271 Posts
you guys arent kidding, I bought 2 of the total kits ($240+:eek: ) so i could Do the vette and my car, and have some left over. Just for a test I did my R/C boat, and holy crap! This stuff rocks!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm a "Zainoholic," too.

That Cosmos Purple is MAGIC! It changes with the slightest variations in lighting. That and the "BarbB" will be classics.

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
iroc_zo6 said:
you guys arent kidding, I bought 2 of the total kits ($240+:eek: ) so i could Do the vette and my car, and have some left over. Just for a test I did my R/C boat, and holy crap! This stuff rocks!
Did you use an entire bottle of Z2 on each car???? How many coats? You should have gotten 6-7 coats at least on the GTO from one bottle. If not, you used waaaaayyyyyy to much. I can get 4 coats each on my GTO and Jetta from one bottle of Z2.

All new Zaino users. Please keep in mind that more is not better with Zaino. THis stuff goes so far its scary. You should barely be able to see the coats as you are putting them on. Unlike regular wax that is easy to see, if you can easily see Zaino, you are using way to much.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
My rule of thumb is all 3 coats from one 2 oz bottle of Z-2 or Z-5 mixed with the ZFX. If you're using more than that, you're putting it on too thick. Here's a tip, spray some Z-6 on your applicator pad first before applying the Z-2/ZFX or Z-5/ZFX... keeps the pad from absorbing all of the good stuff...

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
RobertHammen said:
My rule of thumb is all 3 coats from one 2 oz bottle of Z-2 or Z-5 mixed with the ZFX. If you're using more than that, you're putting it on too thick. Here's a tip, spray some Z-6 on your applicator pad first before applying the Z-2/ZFX or Z-5/ZFX... keeps the pad from absorbing all of the good stuff...
Very good tip. I forgot about that one.

·
Odd Man Out
276 Posts
Will detailers do claybarring and Zaino? I would like it done to my car, but there is no way in hell I'm going to spend 6 hours polishing my car once, let alone to put on several coats like most of you guys have. But if I can get somebody to do it for me, that would be good. Otherwise, I'll just stick with my Zymol.

·
wheel hop tamer
271 Posts
Baaa said:
Did you use an entire bottle of Z2 on each car???? How many coats? You should have gotten 6-7 coats at least on the GTO from one bottle. If not, you used waaaaayyyyyy to much. I can get 4 coats each on my GTO and Jetta from one bottle of Z2.
no i figured 1 bottle for both cars, 1/2 bottle each for starters.

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is my first time using Zaino and I'm A TRUE BELIEVER now! I must say WOW!! I have used about 10 or more different brands of waxes, polishes, etc and this just blows all of them away. I will probably never use anything else ever again. This stuff is simple to use, no problems whatsoever, looks great and lasts long depending on coats.

I also never thought ClayBar would really benefit either 1st time using that as well but I couldnt believe the grit I pulled off of the GTO especially on the trunk, spolier, rear bumper, & front bumper. All I gotta say is you have to do it, otherwise you'll never know whats really on your paint job.

So use Zaino I highly recommend it!

Later

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
lionsden said:
This is my first time using Zaino and I'm A TRUE BELIEVER now! I must say WOW!! I have used about 10 or more different brands of waxes, polishes, etc and this just blows all of them away. I will probably never use anything else ever again. This stuff is simple to use, no problems whatsoever, looks great and lasts long depending on coats.

I also never thought ClayBar would really benefit either 1st time using that as well but I couldnt believe the grit I pulled off of the GTO especially on the trunk, spolier, rear bumper, & front bumper. All I gotta say is you have to do it, otherwise you'll never know whats really on your paint job.

So use Zaino I highly recommend it!

Later
MOst of that grit you are refferring to is known as rail dust. Its the metallic dust that comes from brake pads and railroad transports that attaches to the paint and embeds itself and corrodes. Cant always see it but you can damn sure feel it and over time as the corrosion expands you can see it and it ruins damages the paint. Claying once a year is a very good practice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts