LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Hope I got this in the right spot for my first post !!

So how are the GTO's going ?

I have the Ute version of your GTO / our Monaro.

Got my Ute 12 months ago and love it.

Catchya's later...

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Nice car and welcome.

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
I'm insanely jealous, I love the old El Caminos GM used to sell here, and the Ute SS.

I hope Chevrolet sells them here, and soon. :(

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Sweet OOOOT! Welcome!

·
90 in a 65
511 Posts
Boy if I had the $$ I'd buy one of those and ship it back on a boat to the United States so fast!!! Between the GTO and the Ute I can't get enough of either of em :)

·
3,327 Posts
HSV_255GTO said:
Boy if I had the $$ I'd buy one of those and ship it back on a boat to the United States so fast!!! Between the GTO and the Ute I can't get enough of either of em :)
Ute = elCamino. Why isnt it here yet???

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
Warren said:
Ute = elCamino. Why isnt it here yet???
With the 25% US tariffs out of the way, some large hurdles remain for selling the Ute SS here as the Chevrolet SS.

It needs to be federalized by the US government, meaning crash testing and modification.

GM's plant in Australia is near its production capacity.

The UAW would like more North American assembled cars exported overseas before more cars are imported.

It's up to the General to figure out a way to make it happen, or we'll have to wait until the product life cycle is over in 2007.

·
Registered Cruiser
77 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
QIKMIK said:
I thought this might be an appropriate thread to post a photo of my Commodore. It's a 2000 model Executive (base model) optioned with the LS1 and M6. It has the SS rear wing and aftermarket 17" rims. 'Bout 380fwhp too.

Mick

what kind of mods?

·
Registered Cruiser
77 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
QICMIK,
I see you're a banana-bender! Are you getting belted with the wind and rain at the moment?

Mike

·
Registered Cruiser
77 Posts
The wind is so strong, all the nana's have blown straight! Nah, I'm in the western suburbs so the winds not too bad. The winds got up to 75-80kmh on the Gold Coast a few hours ago.

·
Registered
68 Posts
As long as we're off the subject of cars, can I ask why Aussies call the Brits "poms?" What is the origin of that word?

I keep watching the Jeremy Clarkson test of the Monaro where a voice in the dash (just a spoof) calls him a "hopeless pom" for turning the traction control on... funny.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts