LS1GTO.com Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Bump! Kits are going quick, get them while their hot.

(Seriously though, don't worry I'll have more coming in :))

Don't forget to check out the caliper paint kits too!

·
crawlin...
826 Posts
so 5000k is the most pure white? I believe i have maybe 6000k or a little higher not sure because they have a blueish tint to them. I'm looking for a nice pure white 55w kit.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
so 5000k is the most pure white? I believe i have maybe 6000k or a little higher not sure because they have a blueish tint to them. I'm looking for a nice pure white 55w kit.
If you want pure white, the 5000K is the way to go.

Ordered a 55w / 6000K combo last week for my newly acquired 04 :) Can't wait!
Shipping today :)

·
Original Owners & 100K Club
801 Posts
do the 5000k need a new power harness? or is that more a question of whether it's 35watt or 55 watt?

ran the twisties at night a couple of times now and NEED a headlight upgrade...

·
Now with 6.2L!
766 Posts
do the 5000k need a new power harness? or is that more a question of whether it's 35watt or 55 watt?

ran the twisties at night a couple of times now and NEED a headlight upgrade...
The temp doesn't dictate the need for the harness, the wattage does. If you're going with the high output 55W system, do yourself a favor and grab a harness to save the shock to your stock wiring.

I bought from Colin a little over a year ago and other than a small igniter issue that cleared itself up, I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can anyone show any pictures of the install and night time pics of the color? I just found out about these, and it would be nice to see what they look like. Anyone around Rockford, IL got them installed? Maybe I can take a look.

·
Zzzzzz......
3,703 Posts
i have 5000k and they're pure white with a tiny bit of blue in them. They're nice and bright, and i havent had any problems with my 55w kit and harness for over a year now.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Shipping to TX, how long would the free Standard shipping take? What method is it, and where are they shipping from?
Ships from San Diego by UPS Ground, should be about 4-5 days to Texas.

Any idea when my harness will come in?
I shipped the only harness order I had on Monday, that was probably yours. You should have received a UPS tracking e-mail, check your junk folder!

·
*SOLD*
4,601 Posts
I'm really a noob when it comes to this upgrade...I would love to increase visability at night, it really does suck. I have a CGM so a bright white with a hint of blue I wouldn't mind....would the 55w with 6000k be my best bet? Is there a significant difference between the 35 and 55?

I would assume that there are two seperate kits...one for headlights and one for foglights :confussed:

·
Zzzzzz......
3,703 Posts
I'm really a noob when it comes to this upgrade...I would love to increase visability at night, it really does suck. I have a CGM so a bright white with a hint of blue I wouldn't mind....would the 55w with 6000k be my best bet? Is there a significant difference between the 35 and 55?

I would assume that there are two seperate kits...one for headlights and one for foglights :confussed:
go with 5000k, it looks awesome on my QSM. Just a touch of blue, plenty of brightness with the 55w kit, without being too bright to oncoming cars.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I don't have any pictures to call my own of all the colours. It's very hard to accurately capture the colour on a camera anyway. Most of the samples of the colour range you'll find in a Google search will be the same image just photoshopped to display a different colour. They can give you a reasonable approximation of the difference at least.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

There definitely is a significant difference in the 35 and 55w kits, the 55w is much brighter. Sounds like a 6000K would suit you nicely. And yes, you need one kit for each set of lights you want to convert. Make sure to use on the 35w in the fogs and get the accessory harness for the 55w if you go with those in the lows.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you put a 55w 5000k for your low beams and with the power difference what should you
run for a 35w fog lights to color to match the 5000k low beams? Should they both be the same or a different rating. I read somewhere that the different wattage makes the color different but im not positive if that is true. Does anyone know? How blue are the 6000k. I don't mind a little blue but i don't want it to look too ricey.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
If you put a 55w 5000k for your low beams and with the power difference what should you
run for a 35w fog lights to color to match the 5000k low beams? Should they both be the same or a different rating. I read somewhere that the different wattage makes the color different but im not positive if that is true. Does anyone know? How blue are the 6000k. I don't mind a little blue but i don't want it to look too ricey.
Since the 55w is much brighter, it does very slightly wash out the colour of a bulb. I'm of the opinion that you won't get a closer match by using a higher colour lowbeam if you have a 55w low and 35w fog, for instance matching a 10K 55w lowbeam to get it to go with an 8K 35w fog wouldn't match better than getting both sets 8000K. I doubt you'll even notice the difference to be honest. As for 5000K, there isn't any colour to wash out, so it just gets brighter, so definitely no issues there.

The 6000K have a slight touch of blue, not a lot, I don't think it would look ricey.

Just so everyone is aware, if you order a colour and aren't happy with it, I will offer a free bulb exchange within the first 15 days. You just have to pay the shipping both ways, which is usually ~$15.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.