-Purple :eek2:

man! i guess this purple would look great on our projectors! :hail:

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/hidxenon.html
i would pay $1000 to get it now :eek2:

what do you guys think?

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Theres been one posted on here for like 6 months for less than half that price.....

Blue and Purple are kinda a waste as they are not as bright. Euro cars have purple tints because of the way the projector is made. The light is white but by the cutoffs you are seeing the light being manipulated.

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DevilYellow said:
The light is white but by the cutoffs you are seeing the light being manipulated.
so does my projectors, i'm sure even yours. the cutoffs of the light changes.
btw the price is $449 with 8500K :eek2:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dark said:
so does my projectors, i'm sure even yours. the cutoffs of the light changes.
btw the price is $449 with 8500K :eek2:
-if are gonna put hid get from 4100K to 6000K don't waste your money on anything else this will get you the best lighting ..you can get 12000K but you current halogens are better in lighting.the other kits are not that powerful but they look cool ...also make sure that the bulb is H11
-the projector in our cars is different than the HID projectors...its halogen projectors not HID ..the HID projectors are designed to match the 3x lighting output of the HID system but if you install HID in our cars you will get a good result but for the maximum peformance you need to retrofit new HID projectors
hope this helps

·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blitzu said:
I took these tonight.... I have 4100K HID's. Stock compared to the HID's.

They run about $400-450, and have custom aluminum brackets made so that the HID's are simple "bolt on" for the GTO's. I doubt the other companies have that yet.

You can get them through Speed Inc. one of the sponsers here.
That 4100K looks nice, its white right?
well i would like to get 8500K purple :cool:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Dark said:
Hey guys check this out!

HID Xenon conversion kits .

-White
-Blue
-Purple :eek2:

man! i guess this purple would look great on our projectors! :hail:

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/hidxenon.html
i would pay $1000 to get it now :eek2:

what do you guys think?
the website says that they are not DOT approved in the US. i dont know how big a deal it is. but i would probably get the speed inc kit for half the price anyways.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
So besides the speed kit, is anyone else coming out with a set? Who has installed the ls1 speed kit? Any pictures or a copy of the install manual?

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Hey,

Thanks alot, I am definately getting one of these kits.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
LiqTenExp said:
Hey,

Thanks alot, I am definately getting one of these kits.
you should realize that the HIDs will never match your stock fog lights. if you are ok with this, then great. get the kit. but if you one of those picky people (like me) that wants them all to match, then you better plan on rarely using your fogs. just ask DY. but then again, you probably dont have much need for the fogs with this kit.

i like the HID look alot. but its expensive, and i like using my fogs.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Adjusting them is the first thing I would do, do you happen to have any pictures of the install? I didn't get a chance to look at the back of the headlights yet. I was just interested in where you mounted the transformers and where you slotted the cover.

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
Hey guys, a few quick Q's...
Would Hoen foglights match these HIDs?
Do the HIDs operate at a high temp (possibility of long term housing damage?)
Thanks,
-Ryan

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
BowdawG said:
Hey guys, a few quick Q's...
Would Hoen foglights match these HIDs?
Do the HIDs operate at a high temp (possibility of long term housing damage?)
Thanks,
-Ryan
the hoens would probably look better than the stock ones. the HIDs are gonna loook REALLY whitish bluish. the stock fogs will look yellow in comparison.

·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GTOdriver7 said:
you should realize that the HIDs will never match your stock fog lights. if you are ok with this, then great. get the kit. but if you one of those picky people (like me) that wants them all to match, then you better plan on rarely using your fogs. just ask DY. but then again, you probably dont have much need for the fogs with this kit.

i like the HID look alot. but its expensive, and i like using my fogs.
LOL, i use fogs most of the time here, "projectors" are allways off. i only use them like 2-3 times a week when i go to the university. :secret: .
I like the Xenon lights but i dont want it to be real annoying white. the purple in the website looks interesting. I'll try to order it this week just for testing. if it looked good i'll keep you guys posted. :secret:

·
Registered
492 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
the website says that they are not DOT approved in the US. i dont know how big a deal it is. but i would probably get the speed inc kit for half the price anyways.
I talked with Mike at PFYC and NO aftermarket HID kit is legal is the US anymore.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts