LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,
Just wondering if Anyone would be interested in buying these.

I sold the original that I made and I have an original stock piece now that I could use to make a mold and produce a few of these. That would mean that I wouldn't need your stock one in return, I could just send you the panel and you could keep your stock one incase you needed it later.

EDIT: PICS ADDED TO POST 34

·
that's right,I'm runnin' 11's
1,522 Posts
I'm definately interested

price?

·
Registered
170 Posts
i looked at mine today on my 05 there some metal bars that i guess the part hooks to, but from looking at it if you cut thoes bars there should be enough clearance using the stock part, i may be wrong the foam may have to be trimed a little??

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Price, not sure yet. Probably somewhere between 75 and 100 if there are enough people interested. If not, then I could do a couple one off's but you would have to send me your stock piece and the foam would be toast after that.

As for the second question, there is definetely not enough room with the stock piece if you cut the metal bars (for a 10 lb bottle anyway). I had to make the new piece and cut a few of the metal bars out to get a 10 lb bottle to fit. Basically, if you were gonna shave the foam, which I thought about, you would have to shave it to less than like 1/8" thick all around and with the foam, that would leave you no structural integrity and the piece would probably look pretty terrible.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Nice, if I didn't want to show off my bottle, I'd definately buy this from you.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are some pics of it off the car. The shiny stuff on the inside is aluminum foil, I use that to help release the fiberglass off the foam, though the foam still gets messed up and generally can't be reused. If there is a enough interest then I could actually make a mold and not need to use the foam every time, therefore I wouldn't need your original piece in return.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
aww i got you its made out of fiberglass... good call i would probably get one but i wouldnt want to give up my stock part if you do it with out a core then i would be inerested

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
stangeater01 said:
aww i got you its made out of fiberglass... good call i would probably get one but i wouldnt want to give up my stock part if you do it with out a core then i would be inerested
I agree that if you can source out a reasonable match of naugahyde (hehehe, when was the last time you heard that ?) and could sell a piece outright, it would be a winner.

That way, when resale time comes, we can pop back in the OE corinthian leather and take our bottle with.

Do you think that a bottle heater could be made compatible with this setup ?

WzT

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jcain said:
awesome product offer. thats so slick!
Thanks!

And yea, I agree that It would be great if I could not ask for a core, still just wondering if the cost of getting a mold made would be worth it. As for the fabric that covers it, that is just held on to the stock piece with staples so I was just gonna have people unstaple the stock piece and slip it over this piece and use some velcro and the flaps that hand over to secure it on, that is what I did with my last one, though I used some spray glue to hold it on cause I thought it was gonna be permanant. I wonder what they charge for that fabric piece from the factory? I'll have to look into that.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
stangeater01 said:
go to a fabic store imo the part doesnt have to have that peice of velvit on it just as long as the leather is a match
Hahahaha, yea, but that would require sewing skills that I don't have, LOL.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ohhhhh, interesting that may work.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok Guys,
It looks like I have a mold that is working good now and I should be able to get a few of these built. I have one ready right now but I think it is spoken for and I think that I am gonna make two more before I start trying to make a ton of them (just to make sure that my process is ok). If people wanna get the next two that are made, pm me.

They are gonna be 100 shipped for JUST the fiberglass piece. There will be no fabric piece to cover it. You can reuse your stock fabric (easy to remove from the stock foam piece) or you could go to the fabric store and get your own fabric. In the future, I may cover them in fabric myself but that is yet to be determined and would drive up cost.

If people want the next two, pm me and I will put you on the list and then inform you when they are ready (probably about a week) and you can paypal me then.

Oh, and I will try to get some pics of it up tonight.

·
Registered
170 Posts
:banghead: cant be telling everyone about them then everyone will know to check it lol great part stealth is the way to go good luck with the sales

1 - 20 of 35 Posts