LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

First batch should be done by the end of this week, everything should be ready to be packaged and shipped out next week.

Thanks!!!

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Looks great! Is that the widest base diameter filter that will fit in that space? Looks like about 4 1/2 dia. X 6 1/2 long? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks great for getting hot underbonnet air..... Why not try boxing them in and having a 4" hole out through the base, as has been done in australia by a number of people.. Gets the benfit of the pod and NO HOT AIR

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Is the cold air enclosure still a go to stop the under hood hot air issue?

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
This is great work. However everytime I look at this I wonder about having a Ram Air Hood as is predicted to be coming out. Then I would want something like I have seen pics of from a T/A. Will there be another made for the new hoods?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The cold air enclosure is in the works.

I have no problem cutting a hole in the lower inner fender creating a true ram air type settup. HOWEVER, of the 5 GTO's that we have been prototyping/test fitting, none were willing to cut the car....yet. If anyone wants to be the testbed, let me know, there is a free kit in it for you.

When a Ram air hood becomes available, the manufacturer of the hood will likely offer some sort of functional air box along with it. If not, and there is demand, we can look into it.

Tom
www.ls1gtospeed.com

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Our regular price is $179.99, all pre-orders are at $139.99. Nothing has changed.

Everyone who orders before next friday will still get the pre-order price.

Tom

·
3,327 Posts
Ls1 Speed said:
Our regular price is $179.99, all pre-orders are at $139.99. Nothing has changed.

Everyone who orders before next friday will still get the pre-order price.

Tom
How hard is it to install for someone that has no clue, because I dont! You are tempting me Tom! Oh, and if the cold air induction is in the works, will it work with this setup? If so, how much more?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
10-15 minute install/un-install with basic hand tools. We will have a very nice instruction sheet with pictures included with the kits.

The cold air enclosure we are working on, as well as when we develop the ram air type extension (requires cutting), will both work in conjunction with the High Flow Unit that is being released next week. We will also offer these as "add ons" at a discounted price.

Tom

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ls1 Speed said:
The cold air enclosure is in the works.

I have no problem cutting a hole in the lower inner fender creating a true ram air type settup. HOWEVER, of the 5 GTO's that we have been prototyping/test fitting, none were willing to cut the car....yet. If anyone wants to be the testbed, let me know, there is a free kit in it for you.

When a Ram air hood becomes available, the manufacturer of the hood will likely offer some sort of functional air box along with it. If not, and there is demand, we can look into it.

Tom
www.ls1gtospeed.com
I don't know why people won't cut, as all it is doing is enlarging a hole that is already there..Its being done in Australia for the commodore and monaro and there has never been any adverse effects....

·
3,327 Posts
9-Noon on Saturday. I called at 12:05. Is the pre-order still good? When I go through the internet, it says 179.99

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You can order online, and we will still honor the $139.99 price. Just mention it in the "comments" section of the form. THe $139.99 will expire this friday!

Tom

1 - 20 of 39 Posts