LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I purchased a new set of Fuel Rail covers. Now I need to find a source for high heat paint. I need finish quailty paint as I will be clear coating the final product. I would like to find a source for small amounts if posible (4 to 8oz) I will be needing a quart of black, and 4 - 8 oz bottles of Red, White, and Yellow with candies of each. Also I will need a quart of clear and maybe a dark peuter.

Are there any bodyshop guys out there with any sugestions? It gets pretty hot under the hood.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
What did or how did DY get his done? His are beautiful!

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He has a guy for everything :) DY is conected.

I will do the graphic work on mine then have a shop clear coat them. I don't have a air brush large enough. There is a body shop around here that I trust to do a good job on the finish work. I just need to get paint and to re-learn how to use my brush.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
sxty8goats said:
He has a guy for everything :) DY is conected.

I will do the graphic work on mine then have a shop clear coat them. I don't have a air brush large enough. There is a body shop around here that I trust to do a good job on the finish work. I just need to get paint and to re-learn how to use my brush.
Well let's see here... DY is connected, you know DY... so maybe you are connected too ;)

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True but DY's guy paints for a living. I wouldn't expect him to supply me with paint. I need a source.

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Well Jay (green LT1 camaro) is a bodyshop guy, but the guy that cut my fenders and painted my fuel rail covers is Pete at St Charles Collision. He can help you out with paint too. He is acctually my age and his dad owns the shop. You should see his camaro's and his dad's 64/65 GTO's.

You'd think for how connected I am I'd know more chicks.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea it seems the further we get from high school the fewer girls we know.
Grab one now before you are old like me. There seem to be more 20 somethings than 30 somethings out there. (not that I don't want a 20 something, they just don't want me :) )

How do I get in touch with Pete?

·
3,327 Posts
FRC paint for mine cost $60 for 1 qt!!! Ouch. Paint match though. Hope that the guy does me right.

·
3,327 Posts
AmesGTO said:
Are you guys getting fuel rail covers from your dealership?
Yeah, I got mine from the dealership. The part number is in the part number sticky. Paid $85 for both of them.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Warren said:
FRC paint for mine cost $60 for 1 qt!!! Ouch. Paint match though. Hope that the guy does me right.
Damm That hurts. For what I'm looking to do and the colors I will need I'm looking at 300$ in paint before I have the finish work done.. That may kill this project..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts