LS1GTO Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
1,221 Posts
Just about to hit 150k miles on mine, drive it every day, but definitely not like a Camry. :) I've upgraded the top end even though nothing was wrong with it, just wanted more power. Replaced the water pump twice, driveshaft, brake rotors and pads once, front strut mounts, rear springs, rear subframe bushings and the typical fluid exchanges. Still have the OE radiator, front springs/struts, rear shocks, etc.

·
Registered
53 Posts
103xxx going good had clutch replaced at 79xxx then again at 81xxxthen again at 100xxx replaced intake manifold gasket and valley cover gasket at 102××× and103xxx waterpump and radiator and brake pads and just replaced tail light bulbs yesterday

·
Premium Member
2005 M6 - 427 Texas Speed LS, FAST 102, Kooks headers, Pedders suspension and bushings.
23 Posts
I am the original owner of my '05. I replaced the clutch, bushings, struts, shocks and springs at about 100,000 and the radiator and water pump at about 150,000. It was starting to use a little oil but still ran fine at 190,000 when I decided it was time for an upgrade. I put a new bored and sleeved 427 in it along with a new trans. Currently rebuilding the diff and new axles along with a new round of struts, shocks and springs. Odometer is now at 195,000. I have lost count of how many pads and rotors I have put on it, lots of track days.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I’m jelly of all y’all. Bought it with 82thou, now has 92 after 5 years or so. Cuz of rona and company realizing the savings in rent and stuff I may never have to leave my house again. Not complaining ’cept I have to make up reasons to drive it, move a car or two out the way, unlock a gate and put the dogs up every time. Doubt it’ll ever hit 100K tbh

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
418 Posts
my 06 has 52k. I daily driver it in the summer and daily my truck in the winter. Good to see some 200k cars out there.

·
150k club
1,607 Posts
Bought her in 2009 with 19000 miles. ( 2004 Stick Shift)

Got 183000 Miles now.

Replaced all bushing with energy suspension so that I can hear the diff whine (Sarcasm) but yes poly bushings will increase diff noise, but it was really always there to be honest.

Got Koni Suspension. Very nice , had one go bad and Koni replaced it at no cost no questions. Yes you have you pay first but they do reimburse you if it is their issue.

Lowell front springs, oem ride height but they will settle 20 mm lower after ~ 1000 miles

Changed clutch at ~ 95000 miles because of cracked ferule in the hydraulic line (found out after the fact)
The clutch had ~ 50% life left in it.

Changed radiator twice, got Mishimoto now.
3rd set of halfshafts. First one broke, second one was sloppy, 3rd ones are BMW 740 series cvs, and they work nicely.

Replaced diff (Just the diff proper since it no longer limited)

Replaced Driveshaft with OEM spare I had since the center bearing rubber fell apart.

New Alternator at ~ 130000

New Water pump at ?

New idler pulleys somewhere along the way.

The engine uses ~ 1 QT of oil every 10000 miles. Yes I change the oil only every 10000, no regrets.
I use Shell Rotella T6, alas I used mobile one with the same oil consumption.
Lets face it, the LS is a brilliant engine design and nearly indestructible unless you try really hard.
I also have a ls powered truck and love it.

Best tires: Michelin & Pirelli , Michelin last twice as long.

Drivestyle: Daily Driver 60 Miles roundtrip.

Alas I will crack the whip when needed, I love to steer with the gas pedal ;)

Got a svede intake. Street tuned with HPtuners.

·
ashgto04
04 GTO PBM, 19 Corvette ZO6, 20 Explorer ST
41 Posts
Original owner-‘04 PBM A4. 139K miles. Tranny went at 85K and replaced most of the suspension this past year. Pretty much original except K&N and Alpine radio. I did get my son’s18” wheels when he traded in his ‘06.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am the 2nd owner and currently have 216K on it. I originally bought it as a summer car, but then life happened and had to drive it year round for the past 10 years. I just picked up a manual Jeep Wrangler end of last year so that I’ll be able to keep the GTO out of the snow & salt now.

Cam & headers were done around 50K miles. Had a valve spring break at 105K. I suspect it was part of a bad batch. Installed new PAC springs and haven’t touched them since.

Did the clutch set at 150K. It still had some life left, but the pilot bearing was shot and making a terrible noise.

I did replace / rebuild the rear end a couple times. I have not had much luck with these. I did the driveshaft around 160K. Never touched the transmission internals.

A/C clutch went at 210K. Replaced the entire compressor at that time.

I did the radiator twice. Once may have been my fault with improper mix in the winter though. The tubes bulged up telling me it froze.

I did all front bushings around 180K. End links again at 210K. Springs and shocks were done once along with the front shock bearings. Tie rod ends were each done once.

Had to replace the power steering cooler and line due to rust. A generic unit from Pep Boys fit rather well.

Did the water pump at 200K, mostly preventativley though. Did the thermostat and full flush too. Over the years I have had to replace all the idler pulleys.

Overall it has been pretty reliable, and very fun to drive. Hard to find a car that balances both aspects well.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts