·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of either of these two combo's

MS4/PRC Stg. 1 LS6 heads

or

TSP 235/240 .603/.600 112+2 Cam [discontinued]/PRC Stg 2.5 LS6 heads

Question 1, will that cam clear those heads? The heads are milled .030 and have larger 2.04" valves.

Which of these two set-ups would you think would make more power? Which would produce more driveable power (I'm guessing the latter set-up)?

Thanks folks.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have the MS4 and its pretty driveable, but I also have a 402. Before I had the 402 I had the same cam in the stock 6.0 and still had no problems with it. The MS4 with the 2.5 LS6 heads would make some pretty good power. I had that cam and their Stg3 ls6 heads with FAST intake and made 481/425.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The TSP PRC Stg. 2 LS6 heads (damn that's a long title) are milled and will require flycutting with the MS4. I really don't want to go this route as I hear it's not only pricey, but I have heard some horror stories about flycutting that I really don't want to deal with....

Also, those numbers seem a bit low. TSP had an 00SS that made 482rwHP with their Stg 2.5 heads and MS4....and that's with the 5.7L :confused: Were you on a Mustang Dyno?

·
Registered
995 Posts
This was on their dyno at TSP, they also had a 2000 SS I don't know if its the one your talking about but he had the MS3 and their terminator heads and made 490rwhp, its all depends on the car and tuning.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nemisis said:
This was on their dyno at TSP, they also had a 2000 SS I don't know if its the one your talking about but he had the MS3 and their terminator heads and made 490rwhp, its all depends on the car and tuning.
Wowowow! 490rwHP?! Are you talking about their 200cc Terminator heads (only one on the site). According to their flow charts, it flows less than the Stage 1 LS6 heads.....hmmmm, interesting....

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yes, thats the one! That guy is from NM also, Albq actually, I know him from the local boards.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn, I guess flow numbers aren't everything?? I wonder how the Dart Stg 2 heads with the TSP 235/240 cam would go together. The Darts flow 320cfm @ .600 lift....that's AFR numbers! Then again, I don't know if that cam is large enough to take advantage of those large flow numbers. I'm getting a real good deal on that cam if I so choose to, but I really want to make as close to 500rwHP as possible....*ponders*

·
The Psycho 10 sec. Goat
1,968 Posts
If you want 500rwhp, you probably need to be looking at AFR or ETP heads. TSP sells them, just get with them and ask them what they recommend. My thing is, once you are looking at spending ~$2k for heads, you may as well drop a few hundred more on the top of the line aftermarket heads.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ Well, the Dart Stg. II heads cost 1750 if I want the PRC springs. Compared to AFR's, thats a savings of about $500. If I go with the 235/240 cam listed above, it will cost me $200, close to $200 cheaper than the MS4, BUT, if I do go with the prior named cam, I will not have to upgrade the springs which will save me another $150. Total savings of about $850 at the minimum (the MS4 is the cheapest cam out of my other options).

Honestly, I say the close to 500rwHP, but in actuality, I just want the most naturally aspirated power yet still fun to drive around in the streets every single day. Only concern is that I hope with this cam/head set-up, I will not be "searching" for the power and eventually upgrading to a larger cam (and upgraded springs) in order to do so. Do you folks think this will be a problem or should this H/C be good to go with a good tune?

Thanks again.

·
485, 432 rw m6
536 Posts
In good ole hindsite, I never again will go with questionable heads, Go with heads you know will get good power and torqe.AFR_ETP Save some more money, they are worth it.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Well, I hate saying because I'm not trying to endorse them or anything but TSP's PRC heads are pretty awesome, its gonna be up to the individual if they want to spend the few hundred extra bucks to get 10-15rwhp, if even that. They are all good heads and are all proven.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
see sig more my setup car runs grea and sounds great i will definaly be adding a ported fast90 and probably and electric water pump.... you will love a nice H/C set up good luck!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts