LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you that bought and installed HOEN headlights, how do you like them? Positives and negatives?

Should I wait from something better to come out?

Thanks

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
No waiting required

They are awesome. Especially with the deal they are now making for LS1GTO.com members. And I paid full price for all six bulbs on mine.

Diggs

·
Registered
663 Posts
Mine have shipped, should have them soon and will let everyone know. I paid full price before the deal too, but still worth it based on what I have seen/expect.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I bought the package deal for the plus and they informed they shipped. I'll post some pics when there in.

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
This is what I just completed my order for. I hope this is correct.
Are the 9005 bulbs equal in output to the 9006 bulbs?
Is the best I can do lighting wise short of going HID?

Qty: 1 Product Id: gto9005 GTO Hoen 9005 60w driving light bulb pair - must be ordered with GTO appearance package ($30.00 USD)

Qty: 1 Product Id: gtoone GTO Hoen appearance package one. H11 Ti low beam, H9 xenonmatch plus high beam ($77.00 USD)

Shipping and Handling: $9.81 USD

Total: $116.81 USD

·
Registered
663 Posts
They came today and I installed them easily enough. They look good, still sunny, so will give another update tonight.

·
Registered
663 Posts
ok, got to try them at night and all I can say is "wow"! They are very nice indeed and I would recomend them to anyone who likes to see well at night.

Really a great deal now with the package to boot!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZillaGTO said:
ok, got to try them at night and all I can say is "wow"! They are very nice indeed and I would recomend them to anyone who likes to see well at night.

Cool thanks. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
ZillaGTO said:

did you get the floods also??

·
Registered
663 Posts
"floods" being the fog lights? I go the low, highs and fogs.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
AmesGTO pics some up the difference perfectly. The other difference is when you drive which is a bit harder to show.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm trying to choose between the Titanium and the MatchPlus. Whats the difference besides what they say on the web site. I don't know what all the technical info means, I am just wondering how they look and perform compared to the stock bulbs. Thanks

Carmen

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would hate to spend the money just to find out that they look like crap while driving. To bad we cant see pics from the drivers seat at night.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
What I have been wondering is how the Ti and the Plus compare. They told me that the Ti was made using a more sophisticated manufacturing process (hence the higher cost).

My other question is, does anyone know what the ACTUAL power use of these bulbs is? We see 80W on the Hoen site for the Plus, people say it says 65W on the bulb itself. Has anyone measured it?

Personally, I would like to get the Ti due to the (rated) difference in heat output but I don't want to get seriously screwed in the lighting quality department. Hoen also told me that the Ti bulbs are within the factory spec of our headlight. However, I can't imagine they'd have a package with the Plus unless they were sure out headlights could handle that heat too...Right?

·
2,432 Posts
Go with the Plus. The difference is the Ti is supposed to be similar light at less power. If the enclosure couldn't handle the extra heat from the Plus bulbs you could melt them. That's the people who would want the Ti's. The GTO doesn't have this problem. I've had the Plus bulbs for months now and no problems. I even drove back from KC at night and they were on for about 5 hours straight.

The pictures on my site with my truck are pretty much what they look like from the drivers seat. The light is very bright and has a slight blue tint. These bulbs are awesome. I ordered a set for my SS before I even picked the truck up from the dealer. These bulbs work amazing in the GTO because the low beams are left on when you put on the high beams.

I'll try to take some pics from the GTO at night either tonight or tomorrow. I don't know if they will turn out though.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts