Discussion Starter #1
Do you think it's too 'ricey' ?

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
Mate, you would never be accused of being too 'ricey' putting a Holden badge on a car in Australia. Maybe 'bogan'.
It makes me proud to think it is important enough.
BTW, 'ricey' is not a term we use often here (at least not in the circles I travel). It would almost be considered rascist.

·
Registered
761 Posts
There isnt really a concept of "rice" in Oz. There are either car enthusiats or not. Work together, play together. If a Civic has a bodykit, then thats cool, just as that person will think a corvette is cool. The same people who go to an Autosalon show will likely go to Summernats and vica versa. I'd never put a bodykit on my vette but Id agree some cars need it to stand out a little, the way they creat their own kits is what differensiates their cars in terms of looks. I'd never do up a 4 banger but those autosalon cars are awsome! People can learn off eachother, in fact, thats the line where the 4/6 banger and 8 banger cultures merge... U get people with old cars putting in new technologies- engines computers etc. Best of both worlds- let the good times roll!

If you wanna call somones car "rice" be prepared to call yours a big mac! Ok I'm done, have a nice day :)

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
paco04 said:
Do you think it's too 'ricey' ?
Did you get it from stickerart.com.au? I've been contemplating one for a long time along with a small Pontiac Chief logo.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mistermike said:
Did you get it from stickerart.com.au? I've been contemplating one for a long time along with a small Pontiac Chief logo.
No, I had it made by a friend. Maybe he can make more, but I don't
know if it's trademarked.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
It doesn't look too ricey - it looks pretty good actually.
Dan

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
paco04 said:
No, I had it made by a friend. Maybe he can make more, but I don't
know if it's trademarked.
I'm sure it's trademarked, at least in Oz. Not sure about over here. Some companies are pretty lenient about stuff like that as long as it's used in a positive manner, others are very anal. Doubt if there would be much grief from so far away. Usually, worst case scenario is a cease-and-desist letter from one of their shysters.

Stickerart.com.au has lots of Holden stuff. Available in many colors. Will do custom sizes on request. Personally I would prefer something a tad smaller, with a mirror imaged set for left and right side.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
It looks good, and remember what kind of car the current GTO is based on.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Have you seen the "Ram's Head" on the side of Stu Hayner's #5 GTO? That's the decal I want for my side windows. That is one bad a** Billy Goat.

·
Registered
523 Posts
White Rider said:
There isnt really a concept of "rice" in Oz. There are either car enthusiats or not. Work together, play together. If a Civic has a bodykit, then thats cool, just as that person will think a corvette is cool. The same people who go to an Autosalon show will likely go to Summernats and vica versa. I'd never put a bodykit on my vette but Id agree some cars need it to stand out a little, the way they creat their own kits is what differensiates their cars in terms of looks. I'd never do up a 4 banger but those autosalon cars are awsome! People can learn off eachother, in fact, thats the line where the 4/6 banger and 8 banger cultures merge... U get people with old cars putting in new technologies- engines computers etc. Best of both worlds- let the good times roll!

If you wanna call somones car "rice" be prepared to call yours a big mac! Ok I'm done, have a nice day :)
Let me see if I understand. Are you saying, "to each one's own, live and let live, different strokes for different folks, respect yourself and others, and keep an open mind and maybe learn something"?

What radical concepts!

I'd love to have one of those decals, by the way.
:thumbs:

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
White Rider said:
I like that, Big Mac GTO. I guess that would be a car w/o much body work but lots of work under the hood. I have much admeration to the cars that have been done well. Unfourtunatly some of these cars are turned into cartoons. I skipped on the Dodge Rumble Bee Ram because it looks to cartoonish. To me a ricer is a dodge neon w/ a 3 foot tall wing bolted to the trunk lid and a chrome plated coffie can for a tail pipe. Somethings are taken too far but then again I'm a little old school.

·
Registered
133 Posts
FLORIT said:
Have you seen the "Ram's Head" on the side of Stu Hayner's #5 GTO? That's the decal I want for my side windows. That is one bad a** Billy Goat.

can you post a pic of this or a link to the pic? thanks

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Bad "Butt" Billy Goat

Follow this link and click on "Gallery"... you'll find tons of pictures of Stu Hayner's #5 GTO...

Autosport Development #5 GTO

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
Make it a Pontiac Indian head emblem and it would look even better. I like the return of the American muscle car. The GTO is a good start!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts