LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ELESTOO
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I complained about the fender badges on my car a few times, so I decided to do something about it. While not a huge fan of the OEM Euro Repeaters, as they are HUGE, there is not much that you can do with a hole as big as the one you have to cover up... That said, here it is. Note the special tools needed to install the modification.

Here is all that you need to do the job-

Here is the hole that you are covering-

Here is the finished product-

Close Up-

I wired them up as they are in stock form. Blue to Blue and Green to B+W. This makes them blink with the blinkers and that is all.

·
ELESTOO
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW- Does anyone know if smoked lenses are available anywhere?

·
Belch
943 Posts
Yes, the Dos Equis is essential to proper installation -- especially on the driver's side. Having a cable runner really helps, too. Glad to see you did the job right.

Don't know about the smoked lenses. Filling the existing ones with Dos Equis will result in a very nice amber color...

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
yeah niteshades , should be able to darken them up some

personally i dont think they are to big , and they do look alot better than the gto badge up there

ive been thinking of using a clear blub , instead of the amber bulbs in mine , ill be doing mine this week

·
www.theangrygoat.com
417 Posts
s/c'd cav said:
yeah niteshades , should be able to darken them up some

personally i dont think they are to big , and they do look alot better than the gto badge up there

ive been thinking of using a clear blub , instead of the amber bulbs in mine , ill be doing mine this week

Check local laws on bulb colors :)

white/red/blue are some times reserved for emergency vehicles

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
white im not to worried about here in az , they are pretty easy on things as long as your not trying to do red or blue

but yeah for others with cops that hassle its a good idea to check your local and sate laws

·
ELESTOO
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Harpo said:
Yes, the Dos Equis is essential to proper installation -- especially on the driver's side. Having a cable runner really helps, too. Glad to see you did the job right.

Don't know about the smoked lenses. Filling the existing ones with Dos Equis will result in a very nice amber color...

Yeah, the cable fische kept me from having to pop out the fender lining. Saved me probably an hour.
As for the XX in the lens... I would go with Guinness as it is the right shade! :pimp:

·
god of the sea people
229 Posts
does the harness travel through the fender? i'd like to attach the wires to something, rather than just let them hang in the breeze... how did you remove the badge w/o scratching the paint? also which way did you point the bulbs? i got these lights too, but i'm too lazy to figger this out on my own...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts