LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just informed by someone that our 17” style of OEM rim was Also available in Australia on certain Holden models in an 18” size...

While I like the stock 18” GTO rims, I prefer the style of the 17”. Does anybody know where I can get the 18” of that style rim, used in good condition or new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,054 Posts
Pretty sure those are unobtanium as they were never available here in the US. Don’t even know if they were made in specs that even fit a GTO either.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure those are unobtanium as they were never available here in the US. Don’t even know if they were made in specs that even fit a GTO either.
Do we know which Holden models had them?

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jut found an Australian dealer that had a set of 4 , new in the box. They weren’t cheap ( $1250 landed in the US ), but I just couldn’t help myself.

·
Is that FWD?
1,024 Posts
Jut found an Australian dealer that had a set of 4 , new in the box. They weren’t cheap ( $1250 landed in the US ), but I just couldn’t help myself.

Nice, I had these ROH Fury Rims in Black Ice from Australia on my GTO for a while. They are for sale in the for sale section.

·
Administrator
8,054 Posts
$1250 shipped from down under is cheap. Hell, $1250 shipped from the US for a good set of 18’s isn’t even expensive.

·
Administrator
8,054 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i thought they were on some ute or something, weren't they?

not sure what the appeal would be other than being a unicorn.
For me, I love the style and design of the 17” OEM Wheels, but I always wanted the style in an 18” size, so that’s why I bought them.

·
Worthless reject member
38,030 Posts
For me, I love the style and design of the 17” OEM Wheels, but I always wanted the style in an 18” size, so that’s why I bought them.
i've had a love/hate affair with those wheels. i loved them when the GTO came out, then started to feel not great about them a few years back, and now i'm not sure how i feel about them now. i feel like they can be made to look better but not sure how.

i dunno. post up some pics when you get them installed, maybe the larger size makes a big difference in appearance.

The listing I bought them from said Commodore VY SS , not sure if they came on a UTE
not sure where i got the ute thing from, then. hmmn.

·
Registered
104 Posts
i've had a love/hate affair with those wheels. i loved them when the GTO came out, then started to feel not great about them a few years back, and now i'm not sure how i feel about them now. i feel like they can be made to look better but not sure how.
Chrome plated. This was dealer option in USA.
Here is the photo of 100% stock car (short of pin striping and window tinting) with 17" stock chrome plated wheels.

·
1 of 40,757
6,247 Posts
IIRC the VZ's I bought were $1100 shipped from Aus.
2008ish.

I considered the 18" flower power wheels but seeing pics of VZ's at the time got me.
Will be really interesting to see those wheels in 18".

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They just arrived! Gonna have them installed next week:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts