LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
HGH Optimist
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Info is making its rounds on Facebook.

Holdenfest Facebook Page said:
Biggest gathering of Holden cars in Texas, over $6000.00 in giveaways and lots of fun for the whole family. Come find us on Facebook for more info and updates. The event is being hosted by John Dobmeyer and Luis Mendez and is being presented by SNL Perfomance and Monster Clutch Co. Email us with any questions at texasholdenfest[at]gmail.com
There is an Eventbrite page set up, as well. Tickets cost $50.

As far as I know... I'll be attending this event.

Here are the simple details:

If more and more people show interest, I'll add the Eventbrite link to this post.

I don't expect this to replace Goatfest, since that can NEVER be done. But I'm looking forward to meeting more people outside of Houston. Old faces, and new.

Attachments

·
voted, 'a dick.'
4,884 Posts
looks fun, we could caravan from houston as a group

·
HGH Optimist
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an FYI ---

Current sponsors:

SNL & Monster Clutch
Texas Speed
Bohnman Customs
GTOG8TA

Catered by:
Up In Smoke BBQ

Nice. I'm about 60 miles from there. I'll be keeping my eyes on this.

What does one get for $50?
From the Event page:

"To elaborate a bit on registration, guest are free and only need to purchase their lunch. this can be done when you purchase your ticket by selecting the "guest lunch" and selecting how many from the drop down. By purchasing a ticket you are actually purchasing the shirt, one raffle entry into the registration raffle, one lunch, and the canvas door prize bag with koozies and other giveaways. All items can be purchased separately at the event, pricing is below.
SHIRTS $20
RAFFLE TICKETS $20
GUEST LUNCH $20
We will constantly be adding to this event and current plans are at 75 purchased tickets we will have a trailer dyno and at 100 purchased tickets we will have stuff for the family and kids."
We've got former GTO owners that still hang with the current owners, so I'm urging them to come as guests. As I said... it'd be nice to see some old faces.

looks fun, we could caravan from houston as a group

:wall:

·
HGH Optimist
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Takes about 4+ hours from Houston.

The route I butchered says it'd take almost 6 (just on the road), if you take a scenic route through Lufkin, then Tyler.

Either way, I'm sure I'm heading up there on Friday. No way I'm trying to leave at 5 in the morning.

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,959 Posts

·
HGH Optimist
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Having not frequented that area at all...

What am I missing?

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,959 Posts
that is in DFW area instead of a central location. kinda sucks for everyone NOT in DFW

·
HGH Optimist
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, if this one is a success... what's stopping us from getting with these guys next year, and organizing over here?

Or Austin, the following year?

Or San Antonio, the next?

etc, etc...?

:dunno:

·
HGH Optimist
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's usually the case, even here in town.

People complain about the distance.

So... we organize these meets/gatherings/get-togethers all over town... and they still don't show up.

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,959 Posts
It's usually the case, even here in town.

People complain about the distance.

So... we organize these meets/gatherings/get-togethers all over town... and they still don't show up.
i didnt say i wasnt going. i just said it kinda stinks that it is up in DFW lol.

·
HGH Optimist
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't say you were complaining, nor not going either. :wub:

Just an afterthought to my post before the one you quoted.

As they say...

"If you build it... they will come."

·
voted, 'a dick.'
4,884 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts

I'm the guy you're wife told you not to worry about.

I've already bought tickets for the event and unless something major changes I plan on being there.

·
HGH Optimist
10,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
voted, 'a dick.'
4,884 Posts
Sir... I don't have a wife...

Especially after that night.

*nudges elbow*

Naw'meen!?
:high5:
oh lawwwwwwd!!! Sheila done lef yo ass?!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Greenville, TX isn't a big town but that might be a plus for some of you that drive in gridlock during the week. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenville,_Texas

If I were driving from a long distance, I'd:

1) Take I-45 from Houston and spend the night in Allen or McKinney. There's an outlet mall for the wifey/gf and a big Cabela's, too, in Allen. That puts you at 40 mins to Greenville.

2) Turn it into a camping trip. Lake Tawakoni is about 10 miles south and has good catfishing, and some of the parks around it are nice.

3) See East Texas - the Tyler route will be long, but pretty. Pine tree, Tyler State Park, etc.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts