LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Damn, this car is fun!!
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the holes under the floor mats in the front used for (if anything) ? I would ask the dealership but when I bought it I knew more about it than they did! They were so useless!

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Holes under the floormats in the front...do you mean the ones under the back of the floormat right in front of the seat? I've never noticed any others...Those are supposed to contain hold down plugs for the mats, if those are the ones you mean.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
I believe the passenger has a release for the fuel cap.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
If it is the ones for the mats, it sounds like your front ones are missing. Just so you know, the back ones have them too. Look in the back and you should see a quarter sized black plastic peice with a slot in it.

I hope you did not toss those by accident.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Huntress said:
If it is the ones for the mats, it sounds like your front ones are missing. Just so you know, the back ones have them too. Look in the back and you should see a quarter sized black plastic peice with a slot in it.

I hope you did not toss those by accident.
I thought he was talkin about the cut in the carpeting in the floor in the front pass side which covers the vin# stamped in the body floor pan :sneaky:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Holeshot said:
I thought he was talkin about the cut in the carpeting in the floor in the front pass side which covers the vin# stamped in the body floor pan :sneaky:
I wasn't even aware there was such a thing. I've never removed my passenger side mat. Now I have to go look :)

·
Damn, this car is fun!!
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I do mean the ones under the mats by the front seats. When I bought the car there was nothing there holding the mats in place! You mean to tell me that the freakin dealership threw out pieces of my car? Am I understanding you guys correctly when you say that something should be there?

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
yep. I found a bag in the back seat with 4 quarter sized plastic buttons. I didn't know what thy were for a week or so.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
found holes but no clips

No wonder my damned floormat keeps slipping. :gr_jest:

Looks like I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
The ones in my car were already installed. What wasn't installed (thankfully) was the front license plate holder, because they hadn't been able to find the little envelope with screws. For once, I'm thankful for a dealer's stupidity hehe.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The part numbers for the mat retainer (just in case you need to tell the dealer) are, for GTO's built before the 30/05/04 is 92160989 and for built on & after the 30/05/04 is 92210325, the vehicle tag No was L285330.
This is the last 7 digits of you vehicle Id number other wise know as the VIN.
The above part numbers are for a pack of 4 retainers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts