LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hehe I knew you guys would rush in here.:gears:

I've got it set up to test fit them on a 05 tomorrow. I'll be taking pictures and seeing what all would need to be done to make them work. I'll post them up on Sunday

PM me for prices and contact info..

For the one's that don't know what they look like here is a link to my car on Holeshots site.

http://www.holeshotwheels.com/photo_gallery.html

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I don't see any purple GTOs on there Tim... P.S. mine is an '05 and nobody called me?

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
jdo6696 said:
I don't see any purple GTOs on there Tim... P.S. mine is an '05 and nobody called me?
???? you don't hmm I do.. and Phil's going to be out where I'm tuning tomorrow so I'll steal his car ;)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Perdieu said:
???? you don't hmm I do.. and Phil's going to be out where I'm tuning tomorrow so I'll steal his car ;)
wtf? I swear it wasn't there before, maybe it was sitting next to the green light I never seem to see at the track :D. I will probably be out tomorrow too to see how Gib's car does.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
so will the 15" holeshoot work with 05/06 brakes or is that what your going to find out?

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jamesbiz said:
don't forget to post up when you do get it
thats the plan..

luke0927 said:
so will the 15" holeshoot work with 05/06 brakes or is that what your going to find out?
that's what we're going to find out.

jdo6696 said:
wtf? I swear it wasn't there before, maybe it was sitting next to the green light I never seem to see at the track :D. I will probably be out tomorrow too to see how Gib's car does.
I'm in 2nd gear so I'm well past the light you SLEEP at..:gears:

·
9 Second Club
2,423 Posts
I am sooo pumped about this......

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well looks like you 05-06 guy are in luck they WILL fit with a little work YOU WIL HAVE TO ROLL OR GRIND YOUR FENDER LIPS

The backs just need the brake line tweaked a little and that's all. The wheel tried on in the pic was a 15 x 9 with a 6 7/8 BS..

The fronts will either need a spacer 5/16th should do, OR grind down the caliper a little..

If you grind down the edge right above the GTO just a little they will clear fine..I'm going to find an old caliper and do it to make sure in the nexe week or two. (unless some one has done it all ready)

·
All Motor 11 Second Club
1,347 Posts
Great job Perdieu!

I want a set!

I have drag bags, will fender rolling still be needed? I run 17 MT 275 DRs and 18 BFG 275 DRs and no rolling is required on either GTO. I have swapped them to both cars. Both cars have bags

I assume from the above you are selling these... Please PM me a quote.

·
Registered
386 Posts
What about 16" wheels? Is that an option? Downsides?

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OpenWheel said:
Great job Perdieu!

I want a set!

I have drag bags, will fender rolling still be needed? I run 17 MT 275 DRs and 18 BFG 275 DRs and no rolling is required on either GTO. I have swapped them to both cars. Both cars have bags

I assume from the above you are selling these... Please PM me a quote.
nope not selling mine but you can find some here www.holeshotwheels.com

I would still roll the lips

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sdgoat said:
What about 16" wheels? Is that an option? Downsides?

They would fit fine, but a bigger side wall tire will help more..

·
Registered
386 Posts
Perdieu said:
They would fit fine, but a bigger side wall tire will help more..
Does it help with grip, handling, or something else?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
sdgoat said:
Does it help with grip, handling, or something else?
sidewall flex, basicly it lets the car sit on the tire patch better ( more tire hitting the ground) unless you are going for every last bit of ''hook'' a 16 will work just fine to a point

i would like prices and weights of these wheels fronts: in 16, and 17, and 16 in the rears please in the proper back space you've found

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jbss71 said:
sidewall flex, basicly it lets the car sit on the tire patch better ( more tire hitting the ground) unless you are going for every last bit of ''hook'' a 16 will work just fine to a point

i would like prices and weights of these wheels fronts: in 16, and 17, and 16 in the rears please in the proper back space you've found
I've never asked about the 16" or 17" heck I don't even know if they would do them.. Most people looking for a race wheel go with 15's

Here are the 15" prices.
15x4 $239.40ea
15x8 $310.50ea
15x9 $322.20ea

BS 2 7/8 front 15 x 4 weight 8 lbs
BS 6 7/8 back 15 x 9 weight 9 lbs

heath said:
thanks for the help perdieu,im wondering if it would be possible just to order the front wheels with a different backspacing to eliminate the need for the 5/16'' spacer for those of us who dont want to grind on thier calipers
I don't think they will that would require different rim shells.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts