LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Challenge this.
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A goddamned plane hit a highrise in manhattan and Liddle was among 4 dead. WTF?

·
Challenge this.
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go to http://www4.passur.com/jfk.html . Set the time to 13:04. Select 20 mile range and Start.

He's a westbound general aviation aircraft that passes over LGA at 1400 ft. at 13:05:40. Click on the silhouette of that airplane, which turns it from black to red. His altitude will appear in Flight Information box.

At 13:06:50, he turns left and heads down the East River. Watch his altitude drop to 300 ft. until he disappears at 13:08:13.

·
Challenge this.
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not to change the subject, but go back to the site, select the 80 mile range and click start. Notice how many a/c are in flight at one time over our area? Scary isn't it. I thought I had a stressful job.

·
Hoon of the Day
4,249 Posts
The first news report I heard was that it wasn't a plane, but mothra that hit the building during a heated battle with godzilla.

...sorry, i know im going to hell

·
Challenge this.
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DeepBlueZ said:
Not the right flight stan....an hour early and too high. the plane had to be under 1100 feet to be in the exclusion zone under VFR.

set time to 14:40...

you'll see a general aviation flight headed up the east river at 700 feet. At 14:41:24 it starts to come left and head inland over manhattan and it disappears right at 14:42.
Yeah, I just read a post at airliners.net that stated that that plane was probably a Hamptons-NYC seaplane service plane. Too far downtown to be Lidle's plane.

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
Thank god for Godzilla...hey isn't he a Yankee too?

ok ok ok, too far too soon. :wall:

·
Challenge this.
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's funny, I hear the planes I'm watching on my monitor fly over hicksville climbing out of JFK.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
sucks.

he was a great guy too it was said on WFAN a little while ago.

·
Challenge this.
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you can make it to the ML's you can pitch. Obviously he was limited in his flight skills. In all fairness, it looks like he had a lot of trouble up there.

·
WUT?!?!?!?!?!
6,524 Posts
Smoke said:
Yeah, I just read a post at airliners.net that stated that that plane was probably a Hamptons-NYC seaplane service plane. Too far downtown to be Lidle's plane.
You a member over there? I've been a member for about 6 years now...

·
Challenge this.
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ChrisMcGTO04 said:
You a member over there? I've been a member for about 6 years now...
I was. I let it expire last year. I go there often to see what's current and to view the awesome pictures. When ever there is a incident I go right there instead of listening to the mainstream newscasters who pretend to know the latest. Extremely informative site.

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
This is horrible......rip cory

·
Buckethead
2,043 Posts
Everyone knows I hate the Yankees, but this is terrible. Reminds me of Thurman Munson. True story....Carlton Fisk, who hated the Yankees too, broke down in tears after hearing about Munson. Certain things transend the game, like human life.

·
Ahhh have the need fer speed.
2,271 Posts
drowssap said:
Everyone knows I hate the Yankees, but this is terrible. Reminds me of Thurman Munson. True story....Carlton Fisk, who hated the Yankees too, broke down in tears after hearing about Munson. Certain things transend the game, like human life.
Yeah, TM was top shelf..:drink:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts