LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gone but not forgoten
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question.

i was looking at getting a maf adapter and running a k&n come filter like say a 3" inlet 8 inch long by 5 inch round. but to do this i will have to remove the end of the maf that has the screen on it. i searched and its a mixed answer as to would this hurt anything anyone got some feedback

·
Yokin 3rd gear
1,161 Posts
it wont hurt any thing but not a good idea-filter gets a lot shit-but the MAF screen is still usefull- . My buddy cuz his screen off on his 240sx MAF- now his check engine light is always on.

Pay the 150.00 and get a nice bolt in intake.

here is picture of my cold air AEM i got from summitracing

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
The screen is there to direct the air more efficiently around the bend in the inlet hose/pipe. The mesh isn't small enough to do any good at catching any derbies. That's what the air filter is for..........

ROK

·
Can't... stop... modding...
929 Posts
I gutted mine and she runs perfectly. It really has no effect on anything from my experience. The only things touched on my GTO at the time of dyno-tuning was a gutted MAF and chopped mufflers, and with the tune, made 357rwhp and was going well over 360rwhp until we started tuning for nitrous.

Trust me, it's not going to hurt anything, if you're talking about taking the screen out.

·
Can't... stop... modding...
929 Posts
LOL at 04GeeTeeOh by the way... that's funny stuff.

·
The Psycho 10 sec. Goat
1,968 Posts
04GeeTeeOh said:
it wont hurt any thing but not a good idea-filter gets a lot shit-but the MAF screen is still usefull- . My buddy cuz his screen off on his 240sx MAF- now his check engine light is always on.

Pay the 150.00 and get a nice bolt in intake.

here is picture of my cold air AEM i got from summitracing
Have you ever checked your IAT's? I'm betting there is nothing "cold" about that CAI setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts