LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my GTO the back corners of the hood hit the plastic trim under the windshield when the hood is open. Dealer says Pontiac says this is normal. Anyone with with same problem?

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
No, I don't think that's normal at all. Mine has plenty of clearance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does your hood clear the "rubber bumper" than is in the plastic molding under the windshield behind the back corners of the hood?

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
RedGTO, I took another look. The back left corner of my hood (as viewed from the driver's seat) does impact the rubber molding ever so slightly when the hood is raised. The back right corner has at least 0.25" clearance. Seems like they would be more even, but the seams when the hood is closed are even. Strange.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FLORIT said:
RedGTO, I took another look. The back left corner of my hood (as viewed from the driver's seat) does impact the rubber molding ever so slightly when the hood is raised. The back right corner has at least 0.25" clearance. Seems like they would be more even, but the seams when the hood is closed are even. Strange.
FLORIT, yes, strange. Mine hits pretty good on the driver side, enough to show wear on the rubber molding and wear the paint off the corner of the hood. It just just barely touches on the passenger side. When the hood is closed, everything lines up well. Just not right, I am going to contact Pontiac directly, the dealer just blows it off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts