LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want the 6.0 Liter hood decals. I checked out Grafxwerks but I didn't see what I was looking for.

I want white of brushed aluminum outline with no filler or clear filler inside. I don't see that as an option.

I've seen several photos of Black GTOs with the white outlined letters with black interior. I'm assuming the letters are black and not clear on the inside. That gives it the look of having just an outline. Thats what I'm looking for but I have a Spice Red GTO.

If I knew what color would match up with my Spice Red I could get that for the interior/filler color with the white exterior. But I don't see Spice Red as as option.

·
Omertà
5,303 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
BRAZEN06GTO said:
grafxwerks does have them...3/4 down page, right side. You can chose your border colors.

http://www.grafxwerks.com/products/shop.php?part=GTOX1

I can't find what I'm looking for there.

I want white or brushed aluminum border (outline) with no filler or color in the middle.
Or a filler that will perfectly match my Spice Red.

I want the letter outline look several guys have (with stock appearance filler color or clear).

This is what I'm looking for
Scrool down to the third post.
But I also checked out that website and they don't have anything listed for GTOs. It all firebird stuff.
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100453&highlight=decals

·
Omertà
5,303 Posts
Hmmm...I see...let me search.

·
Omertà
5,303 Posts
I can't find anything with the clear filler, so the spice red will show through.
Maybe PM the post #3 guy from that thread...that does look only like an F-body site...maybe he can custom make them? Obviously someone makes them.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BRAZEN06GTO said:
I can't find anything with the clear filler, so the spice red will show through.
Maybe PM the post #3 guy from that thread...that does look only like an F-body site...maybe he can custom make them? Obviously someone makes them.
Thanks for the help.
I emailed the guy at the Z28 website. Hopefully he will get back with me. He needs to add GTO decals to his website if he makes them. The GTO decals he supposedly made are the best ones I've seen. I really like the clear filler look the best.

I got some white 6.0 LITER decals (all white) from Grafxwerks. They looked OK but not very factory in apprearance. So I removed them from my car right after putting them on. The only ones I've seen that look "factory" are the ones with the clear/matching interior color with a white or aluminum border.

·
Registered
8 Posts
BLACK05GTO said:
I can't find what I'm looking for there.

I want white or brushed aluminum border (outline) with no filler or color in the middle.
Or a filler that will perfectly match my Spice Red.

I want the letter outline look several guys have (with stock appearance filler color or clear).

This is what I'm looking for
Scrool down to the third post.
But I also checked out that website and they don't have anything listed for GTOs. It all firebird stuff.
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100453&highlight=decals
I have a PBM car, but one thing I've wondered about is whether getting all-black "6.0 LITRE" (or maybe all-black-metallic) might be good. The idea would be to have something very subtle, showing up only at certain angles and light.

Has anyone here tried that?

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
I have been looking at there 5.7 Liter decals. Would work well for my 05' hood on my 04'. Got a black car. Chrome, or silver?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts