LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
BLOWN
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any ideas or companies that offer hood pins for the ol goat? I saw a gto with hood pins in the area, but couldn't get him to stop and give info. It looked damn good.

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
hood pins went out at the same time as disco.

hood pins are not car specific. they are a generic fit. also unless you have a glass hood there is a good chance for rusting the hood.

besides all that, unless you buy them and get them stripped and re-chromed (including the screws) they usually rust and pit within a year even if they never see the winter.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Hood pins? Why?

·
BLOWN
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
daveinsa said:
Hood pins? Why?
Same reason people litter their engine bay and under the hood with numerous decals - personal preference.

·
I Hope He Fails
521 Posts
Don't do it

·
Registered
320 Posts
people on here are lame. do what you want, i bet the look good on your car.

·
Registered
871 Posts
typically I would only recommend functional mods...

that being said, look for some aluminum or stainless ones so they hold up better

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
Don't do it, ricer mod if they're not needed.

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
freind of mine had it on his ecplise. on the highway. the hood flew up onto his windshield and made him crash into the concrete divider. so you have fun

·
Registered
364 Posts
...hate to say it but I kinda like the hood pins. Reminds me of the old Hot Rods.....

·
Hammer of Justice
722 Posts
if you dont want to drill through your hood.... they make them that some 3m adheisve tape on them, you just peel them on and stick them on

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
what you guys gotta realize here is that with some of these aftermarket glass hoods, you need the pins at high speeds or your hood will litteraly wave to oncomming cars!!!

When I had my SLP hood, it was HORRIBLE at high speeds, thought the thing was going to fly off, but now with the CF banshee hood, no problems at all.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
If you've gotta have em, which like they said is sometimes necessary, check these out. http://store.racinglab.com/haprhopin.html If you paint the cf plastic peice to match the hood then its pretty clean looking. Here's some on a Honda that a friend of mine owns. You can hardly see them.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
S.A. GOAT said:
Same reason people litter their engine bay and under the hood with numerous decals - personal preference.
You're right. It is a personal preference and I'm sorry for making it sound otherwise.

The stickers? Everytime I look at them, I'm reminded of the money I put into this thing.

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
dredz172 said:
if you dont want to drill through your hood.... they make them that some 3m adheisve tape on them, you just peel them on and stick them on
???? how the hell can a PIN not go through a hood? hence the name "pin" because it goes through something

·
IRESQWOLFDOGS
2,052 Posts
yuk man........dont do that...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts