LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me what a good price to pay for a fiberglass hood with a functional scoop would be? (unpainted) I'm thinking of buying one for around $800-900, is this too much?

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
cjlannoy said:
can anyone tell me what a good price to pay for a fiberglass hood with a functional scoop would be? (unpainted) I'm thinking of buying one for around $800-900, is this too much?

Who has them?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
www.mpd-inc.net, I'm going down to Valpraiso, IN next Fri to look at one. They aren't totally complete yet but will be very shortly and they won't post pix until they are done.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
cjlannoy said:
www.mpd-inc.net, I'm going down to Valpraiso, IN next Fri to look at one. They aren't totally complete yet but will be very shortly and they won't post pix until they are done.
Keep us posted on your findings and take a pocket camera with you :sneaky:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm also wondering if there would be any weight advantage (disadvantage?) to fiberglass vs. stock?

·
Disaster
339 Posts
cjlannoy said:
I'm also wondering if there would be any weight advantage (disadvantage?) to fiberglass vs. stock?
I'm sure the fibergalss hood would weigh less, but not enough to notice any DRAMATIC results. But a ram-air hood is a must for me when they release them. That will probably be my only exterior mod except tires and wheels. All other $$ will be under the hood :D :p

·
Registered
55 Posts
IP: 4.19.84.xxx
owned by: RK Sport, Inc. RKSPORTINC-84-8 (NET-4-19-84-64-1)

PLEASE NO UNPAID ADVERTISING

At least have the decency to ASK first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts