LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
That ain't no cake
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the track and my hood release cable broke, right at the lever at the kick panel. Unraveled the sheathing and got the cable, pulled it but it won't release the hood. Got home today and removed the kidney grilles but no luck with getting the hood open. Anybody have this happen and figured out how to get it open. The 1st one is looking from the open grille area, the 2nd one is from the bottom up. Any help.

·
That ain't no cake
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got the grilles out so I can reach in there pretty good. Haven't tried unscrewing the pin yet. Tomorrow I'm going to try and get to the back side off the radiator support and move the lever that works the spring that holds the pin in the hole. Running out of options before i have to damage things.

Kevin

·
11.94 et @ 113.69 mph
563 Posts
Damn , no luck huh Kevin. Looks like a pin on hood in my near future. We bracket racers can't have a hood that doesn't open. Especially running multiple classes. Good luck buddy , keep me posted.
Gary

·
That ain't no cake
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Got it, was able to reach behind the core support, after removing my air filter, then just push the lever , the one that the cable should be attached to, to the passenger side and it pops open. Pretty simple once its all done, just trying to figure out how things work and where there located. The problem was the nub at the end of the cable that goes through the lever eye slipped through the eye of the lever and the cable broke at the handle in the cab. If you have any questions, feel free.

Kevin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got it, was able to reach behind the core support, after removing my air filter, then just push the lever , the one that the cable should be attached to, to the passenger side and it pops open. Pretty simple once its all done, just trying to figure out how things work and where there located. The problem was the nub at the end of the cable that goes through the lever eye slipped through the eye of the lever and the cable broke at the handle in the cab. If you have any questions, feel free.

Kevin
which piece is the lever ?

·
GR-RRR!
13,957 Posts
If you can't get the grills out, just remove the lower air baffle behind the lower grill from below and you should be able to reach up into the spot needed. The lower baffle is only held in place by a few of those plastic push clips and the bumper cover. It is flexible enough you should be able to pull it out once the clips are out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts