LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone built a fiberglass underhood piece to catch the air from hood scoops and direct to pro charger filter... I would like to buy one if not may venture on building one?????

·
Worthless reject member
36,261 Posts
i wouldn't use the factory hood scoops as an source for intake air. GM has already stated the scoops function as a heat extraction point, which when you take into consideration the way air flows through the engine bay and over the hood, indicates it's in a negative-pressure area while the car is in motion.

most vehicles use intake points behind the headlight, fender, grill area, in the case of the 05/06 gto it is designed to use the gap between the front facia and the hood. most modern "ram air" designs use intake points that sit far forward on the hood, closer to the lip. it's more likely these are relatively high-pressure or neutral pressure areas while the car is in motion.

the banshee scoops sit farther forward than the factory scoops, so this might be a much better point to draw intake air. it isn't a half bad looking hood, besides.

·
Is that FWD?
1,014 Posts
I have Banshee Hood, had it cut with Svede OTR intake, so I have true ram air.

This is how I had mine cut for the SvedeSpeed, it really opened up the front vents.

Cuts made for SvedeSpeed

·
1 of 40,757
6,235 Posts
About all the stock scoops do is allow water to drip on the engine.
They seem be in a position where all wind goes over the opening at all speeds. :gto_rage:

·
Is that FWD?
1,014 Posts
Does the banshee hood have a way to direct air to pro charger???
The banshee hood pulls air from factor air box location from front vents.

·
Registered
301 Posts
About all the stock scoops do is allow water to drip on the engine.
They seem be in a position where all wind goes over the opening at all speeds. :gto_rage:
Good for letting heat escape when stuck in traffic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts