LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm finally getting estimates on my FUBARed hood and side panels. $4,000+ :( But that's what I have insurance for.

Everyone is saying the hood is too damaged to fix and that I need to replace it. Looks like the insurance company will let me get an aftermarket hood if I pay the difference over a stock replacement part. :thumbs:

Question is: Who's got hoods available yet?!? Who's got pictures up? Who can send me info on a pre-release basis? I don't want to buy one without seeing it first. I can sign non-disclosure agreements but I want to see some hoods.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I kinda like this:

·
Wanna Take A Ride?
180 Posts
Bet that thing will hang!

i think several folks are working towards getting some hoods ready.. don't know of anyone with one ready yet. When someone does, I'm sure this site will have info before anywhere else. Besides a few more performance upgrades, a functional hood is next on my list ;) Can't wait!

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to the claims agent today. I can get an aftermarket hood so long as I cover the difference between it and an OEM replacement. :D

I'm not partial to louvered hoods like the one above. I know it's good for heat extraction but I'm not digging the style. Anyone know of any other places making hoods now or in the very near future?

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Give Dave Lanman at HO Fibertrends a call...

740-983-3864

He does some crazy stuff for my Mustang customers..

Ed

·
Registered
51 Posts
The hood you see on the race car will be available shortly.I'll pm you a price (as soon as I figure It out)Dave p.s. that is a full carbon hood that weighs 7 pounds before paint!

·
Disaster
339 Posts
Gto 5 said:
The hood you see on the race car will be available shortly.I'll pm you a price (as soon as I figure It out)Dave p.s. that is a full carbon hood that weighs 7 pounds before paint!
Damn....how much does the stocker weigh in at?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm off for a couple of days,an my list is at the shop,I think 25 pounds.When we took the car apart we weighed EVERY part.I remeber the empty doors weigh 65 lbs.Dave

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
seems like black is the most common color for the MPD hood. curious. looks good though

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
seems like black is the most common color for the MPD hood. curious. looks good though
Thanks,but You're right about the color black. But they all come delivered gray primer. If you go to their site you'll see some different colors from other GTO owners.

www.mpd-inc.net

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
ROKS ROCKET said:
Thanks,but You're right about the color black. But they all come delivered gray primer. If you go to their site you'll see some different colors from other GTO owners.

www.mpd.com
yeah, i know. i just meant that i think you are the third person on forum witha black GTO to get this hoos. thats all i was getting at.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
yeah, i know. i just meant that i think you are the third person on forum witha black GTO to get this hoos. thats all i was getting at.
That's cool 7. I just looked at your pics, n i c e !!!! I like the red interior too. I got the black/silver. Wow two golf bags...lol...and room for your shoes too...lol. I also have a 1990 Cadillac Coupe DeVille in show room condition and I think I could fit the goat in the trunk..lol. I call it a 10 body size trunk..hehehehe a little Sopranos humor:))

ROK

1 - 20 of 30 Posts