LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thank you everyone for your input and help. Just got the car back from getting the alignment and had them look over everything to make sure it was done right. Everything is good to go. Feels like a new car. I’ve got to do some research now and find some new struts to install and I’ll have a completely rebuilt front suspension. It’s a great feeling fixing things yourself, brings a special sense of pride. Thanks again to all that helped with info and suggestion. I couldn’t have done it without you.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,068 Posts
You're past it now, but for the next guy; when I was dealing with the ball joint nut I used a friend's induction heater tool to make things easier.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Thank you everyone for your input and help. Just got the car back from getting the alignment and had them look over everything to make sure it was done right. Everything is good to go. Feels like a new car. I’ve got to do some research now and find some new struts to install and I’ll have a completely rebuilt front suspension. It’s a great feeling fixing things yourself, brings a special sense of pride. Thanks again to all that helped with info and suggestion. I couldn’t have done it without you.
Glad to be of assistance, yeah it's a satisfying experience.

·
Worthless reject member
39,115 Posts
You're past it now, but for the next guy; when I was dealing with the ball joint nut I used a friend's induction heater tool to make things easier.
that's a neat tool. i'm sure not cheap. would keep you from heating up the adjacent suspension more than you needed to, though. might be worth it.

i have become a bit anal as i've gotten older. the one thing that would bother me is knowing the stud spun around in the taper seat. it's possible it didn't cause much damage, but the possibility would still just bug the smurf out of me. they don't really make new knuckles, either.

i should check places in OZ now.

·
Registered
217 Posts
that's a neat tool. i'm sure not cheap. would keep you from heating up the adjacent suspension more than you needed to, though. might be worth it.

i have become a bit anal as i've gotten older. the one thing that would bother me is knowing the stud spun around in the taper seat. it's possible it didn't cause much damage, but the possibility would still just bug the smurf out of me. they don't really make new knuckles, either.

i should check places in OZ now.
Yup, if it didn't spin going in but does coming out something ain't in Kansas anymore.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts