LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is something obvious, but as I said the horn SOMETIMES beeps about three times when I lock the doors. Any ideas as to why my car does this? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll check that! :)

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
ya, on my car the passenger's door wasn't locking. i kept putting up with that annoying beep not realizing that one door was never locked :eek:

·
Registered
276 Posts
your supposed to race after the third beep!

heh.

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
Dealer will call it a door lock actuator. Should be a relative "no-brainer" at this point - early on it took some work to convince dealers you weren't just stupid...

·
former stanger
159 Posts
My car does the same thing on occasion. Not all the time..

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
GTOMO said:
My car does the same thing on occasion. Not all the time..
Next time it happens, first make sure both doors are actually closed. (If they are not, slap yourself on the forehead and utter the expletive of your choice.)

If they are both closed and neither door locked, it suggests the "door closed" circuit on one of the doors (the switches themselves have been reported to stick on occasion.)

If they are both closed and only one door is locked, the unlocked door most likely has a failing door lock actuator. The frequency will increase until it fails completely. If you are lucky, either your dealer will replace it right away without forcing you to "show them" or it will fail quickly. If you have to come up with a strategy for getting your doors locked when one or the other doesn't work, let me know! (I, unfortunately, had to figure that one out for each of my doors...)

·
Meh, my jet is faster...
286 Posts
Could also be that the trunk is not closed and latched when you try to lock the doors....I beleive this also happens if the hood is not latched and you try to lock the doors too

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
my car does it when one door is open and I hit the button. Its annoying

·
Jimmy
1,364 Posts
Silver04 said:
Sorry if this is something obvious, but as I said the horn SOMETIMES beeps about three times when I lock the doors. Any ideas as to why my car does this? Thanks in advance.
This happened to me when dealer replaced window motor and I took car home. I sat in car and tried locking the doors the drivers side door lock(on door) wasn't going up and down. I pushed it down and then it started working again. No more beep,beep,beep....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts