LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man-O-Man, what a great sounding mod this is. A little deeper at low RPMs and then like a hotrod at WOT.

If you happen to think the stock exhaust is just not enough, then this mod is for you.
And it is NOT too loud – It is just right. And so is the price.

Kris, at Collins Muffler Shop – in Loveland, did a great job installing these. He really took his time to make sure everything lined up.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,498 Posts
Can we post up a soundclip on the new site?

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ydtrack said:
Which magnaflows did you install??
Here are our options…

Magnaflow Stainless Steel
Offset/Center 4x9 Oval
2.25" - 11" - 17"
14362 - $139.50

Magnaflow Aluminized Steel
Offset/Center 4x9 Oval
2.25" - 11" - 17"
11365 - $99.90

I went the cheaper route – I will either trade in 3 years, for a ’07 GTO, or I will keep it cause I am so modded and will have had a complete Cat-Back built (so why spend the extra).

If you ask nicely, he might give you a discount. He did right by me.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,498 Posts
I'd like to try a pair of Dynomax Ultraflos. They sounded yummy on the exhaust I had Collins build for my GTP.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bradz24 said:
can't wait to hear them man.
Huh?
Dude, Did you step back in time?
You got to get me some of that stuff you been doing.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
HAHHAHAHA its called friday before a threeday weekend.. LOL . .i wanted to see how long it would take someone to say this is on old thread.. I went all the way to the last page. . hehehe.. there was one with doric having some shinny pics of his car I was going to bump but it was all red X's. .LOL

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,498 Posts
Doric said:
I'd like to try a pair of Dynomax Ultraflos. They sounded yummy on the exhaust I had Collins build for my GTP.
Last night, I ordered two Dynomax SuperTurbo mufflers and I have two Ultraflo bullets for resonators. :turbonaug

·
uhhh... nice birdy...
693 Posts
ummm... dont you have some kind of exaust stuff piled into that garage anyway? lol parts-boy...

·
7,835 Posts
I need opinions. Im thinking of taking out my mufflers and straight piping from resegnator back. What do you guys think, supposivly this is only like 50 bucks to cut them out and weld in a straight pipe.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,498 Posts
XENOCIDE said:
ummm... dont you have some kind of exaust stuff piled into that garage anyway? lol parts-boy...
Yeah - those are the Ultraflos I'm using as resonators:

Doric said:
...and I have two Ultraflo bullets for resonators. :turbonaug

·
7,835 Posts
pulse_goat said:
Chuck...didnt you have Magna on when Ron lived down the street? Could have sworn that you had exhaust (magna) back then?

read the oniginal post date, this one came back from the grave.

So should i straight pipe the goat or not fellas. Thinking i might go get a quote tomorrow or tuesday.

·
Registered Goat Abuser
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Avsguy33 said:
So should i straight pipe the goat or not fellas. Thinking i might go get a quote tomorrow or tuesday.
First, before you do any thing, stand on the side of the road while someone else drives your car - have them do a WOT standing start and then a drive by with a kick down to first. See what you think of how it sounds now.
You may decide it is fine the way it is now.
With our cars, we don't get to enjoy our exhausts as much as those around us.
In fact, I've been thinking lately that I need to do something to my exhaust to turn it up a little. But this post brings back to mind the day I posted this way back when. I had stood out by the side of the road, just after the Magnaflows were installed, and now I recall how good it sounded.

·
7,835 Posts
RedhotGTO said:
First, before you do any thing, stand on the side of the road while someone else drives your car - have them do a WOT standing start and then a drive by with a kick down to first. See what you think of how it sounds now.
You may decide it is fine the way it is now.
With our cars, we don't get to enjoy our exhausts as much as those around us.
In fact, I've been thinking lately that I need to do something to my exhaust to turn it up a little. But this post brings back to mind the day I posted this way back when. I had stood out by the side of the road, just after the Magnaflows were installed, and now I recall how good it sounded.

Yeah i was thinking of doing that before i did anything anyways. I have stood behind it and had my buddy rev it up and it sounds good. I think tomorrow i will have him stand on it a couple times to see if i like it. You have commented it before that my car sopunds good when i get on it. I just want to know its loud when im driving it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts