LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here ever participated in DragWeek? I've only seen a couple of goats (speaking of newer year models) in the last few years. Any interest for those that haven't done it? I participated last year but it wasn't everything I thought it was supposed to be. Anyone else have thoughts?
Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dennis Kirkland (Toro Toro) just finished 3rd in True Street,--- Rocky Mountain drag week
Cool. We kicked around doing the RMDW but decided to push the idea back a year or two. I'll have to check out this year's results.
Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've been getting the itch to do one of these drives. Probably 2020 I'll take my LSA GTO on a long trip for Power Tour

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been getting the itch to do one of these drives. Probably 2020 I'll take my LSA GTO on a long trip for Power Tour
Power Tour seems a bit more laid back. DW was intense, frustrating, fun, nerve-racking, and tiring all at the same time. Wonder if they'll announce next year's DW during this year's. Time to bring it back to the midwest (or South).

·
4,313 Posts
I did it 2x with a 2004 GTO. 2008 and 2010 if I recall....daily driver class both times...we had a blast.
it was stressful sure, and swapping clutches at the track on jackstands isn't what I had in mind as 'fun'. Made me think twice about a lot of parts choices moving forward.

this year is the closest ever for us east coasters...I may give it a go...no GTO to run this time though. No chance to get in via the online deal...so would just have to show up and hope spots are available.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The "fun" we had comprised of changing tires twice a day, installing/removing windows each day, removing a blower to put on a carb each day/then reverse that procedure, and loading/unloading a trailer. Too much work. We should have been smarter, but that's what the first time is for - figuring out how to do it easier, faster, and funner :). Maryland is too far for us. We're hoping it comes back towards the Midwest next year.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
I made it half way thru Drag Week in 2018 before the trans started having issues and finished 3rd in my class for the 2019 Rocky Mountain Race Week. Both events are really tough but I had a blast. It's on my social calendar for as long as I'm able.

·
4,313 Posts
now that they have a stick only class, for the bracket race....I think it will add more of a fun factor.
both years I went, finished runner up in the bracket of Daily Driver at the end of week.
lost to automatics both years LOL

but can't really blame it on that...year 1 I ran under by .08 in the final

year 2 had a .130 light so it was over before I left the clutch out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
A_VAS
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing