LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think everyone should look into doing this next year. I know I had a blast this past weekend at the event. I was suprised that we were the only two GTO's there. It was my first time on a road race course and I think I am hooked. Where else can you take your car and run it as fast as you can push it, and sometimes faster, without having to worry about walls next to you or cops. Running the goat at full throttle and full brake is really fun. Having the new 3.91 rear gears also made it a lot of fun and woke me up once going into a 180 degree turn, down shifted and pitched my car into the dirt. Oh well, if you can't drive your car the way you want, you shouldn't have bought the car.

Very nice to meet the Arrowhead Performance crew. Nice people with knowledge backed by experience. Howie has quite a ride and with his driving experience it was fun to take a trip around the course with him. Iwill say, on the straight away, with his added exhaust work he was able to catch me even with my lower rearend gears. Just give the crew some time. When they get everything finalized, there are going to be some nice products on the market.

Anyhow, I had the time of my life and can't wait for next year. I can see why brake, exhaust, suspension, and tire companies put this event on. With the stock items we received on our car, I was able to see just what I will need to improve on in order to make the car a better handling machine. Brakes are first off and just didn't have enough time to do mine before I went. I wish I had though. The car did exhibit quite a bit of body roll and this will have to be looked into by an aftermarket company. Other than that, I wish others would have had a chance to make it out. Hopefully next year there will be a few more GTO owners, even though everyone that was out there supported what ever cars were being raced. There was no 'hating'. It didn't matter what type of car you had there were people out there more then happy to help you. The people out there were just car nuts. If it goes fast that's all that counts.

·
Banned
504 Posts
It was kinda nice only having two GTO's there as everyone was very interested as to how they would do on track. this is a great event and I hope more GTO's make it out there next year. There's a huge deveristy of cars, anything from Hondas to Ferraris!!

Hope It didn't scare you too much Greg!! :D

·
got rice?
480 Posts
What state did this take place? I'm very intrested.
It's good to see the road racing scene getting bigger. I've always been a fan and now I would like to try it on the track instead of on the street.

-XFordMan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts