LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty obssesive about mine. Spent about an hour cleaning the engine compartment in the goat using a rag and Simple Green this afternoon. I couldn't stop and detailed the Avalanche engine bay as well.

I like keeping them looking like showroom clean. How clean is yours?

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Look great! Do you know what OCD is!!! LOL . . .

Doc

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
wait i see a spec of dirt......

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
I have the same obsession. I see ANY dirt or oil, out comes the portable steam cleaner! :hail:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
It's normally more of an afterthought for me. I might do it a couple times a year. The GTO might get a third cleaning! I finally moved some crap out of the way to fit it in the garage. 4 car garage, and I can barely fit the GTO and wife's MPV. Now prowling the lots to find a cheap daily driver.......One I can park outside and not worry about.

BTW, Very nice. How much work was it to paint the calipers? I want to do the same with mine in IBM.

·
Loyd @ SNL Performance
482 Posts
Looks nice, Just remember that Simple Green has a reaction with aluminum that is corosive, and will spot a piece of aluminum if left on it for any lenght of time

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mine is always spotless. Gotto keep it show room quality!

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
I had chicken ,peas and carrots and Strawberry cheese cake off mine last week :gr_jest: j/k

I do however keep mine as clean as you do yours DG
I do have OCGD (obsessive-compulsive- GTO disorder)

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
For those interested, Sears does sell a portable steam cleaner for $99. :hail:

·
Registered
980 Posts
desertgoat said:
I'm pretty obssesive about mine. Spent about an hour cleaning the engine compartment in the goat using a rag and Simple Green this afternoon. I couldn't stop and detailed the Avalanche engine bay as well.

I like keeping them looking like showroom clean. How clean is yours?
Actually mine was cleaner last weekend but didnt have time to take pics before the show. Keep in mind that this is meant as constructive but I see either 2 specs of lint (or glare) and you can get the heads blacker.

·
The Anti Dyno Racer
473 Posts
Cleaning it doesn't make it go faster so I don't bother :gr_jest: I do wipe off any large deposits of dust however.

·
Registered
980 Posts
NJTorque said:
Cleaning it doesn't make it go faster so I don't bother :gr_jest: I do wipe off any large deposits of dust however.
Actually in the long run it will. If the engine comp is clean then leaks from anything will immediately show up. Granted this sort of cleaning is obsessive but it also serves a dual purpose.

For me, I keep my engine as clean as the rest of the car since I tend to open the hood more than the drivers side door.

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
That isn't showroom clean. Mine never looked that good even when it was new :) How about taking a trip east? I'll let you work on mine ;)

·
PFR Performance Kennard Texas
112 Posts
"yall" need to move to east texas you would be cleaning lots of dirt and cow [email protected]$! off your engine bay

·
Is that FWD?
1,101 Posts
Ha ha

1 - 20 of 22 Posts