21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Damn Zach:bomb::bomb:that hurts to look at right there:bomb:

·
Orphan Car Owner
2,793 Posts
Ouch man. Hope you get it back together soon. And Zach, I just want to say your Dad is cool.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
Sorry Zach, at least you got one kickass 10 sec run in. Once shes back it should get interesting. Any idea what caused the oil pressure failure?

·
Registered
736 Posts

After talking to some people and thinking about it I think I have a good idea what might have happened. I'll wait till I do some more further investigating though to say what I think what happened..

damn let me know what to look for on mine.

·
Registered
736 Posts
mine did great i thought leaving with no boost since my launch controller did not work. on 6lbs of boost it ran 11.2 at 126mph with a 2.0 60ft on 18inch m/t tires.

i did see alot of other gtos around but i had mine in the showcar area. i meet a few new gto owners but missed alot more to.

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
well we need to nail down a number for how many cars for parking.
they put the nova goats in a cruise-in type area up near the stands.
most of the people racing were located together .
it was nice to have all the tools in one area.

·
*TINK*
193 Posts
Had issues. To those that took the time to help. Tom, Mark Hendrixs (From Hendrixs Engineering) Bill and Jeff (Pirate) I sincerely thank you. When bad times hit thats usually when your friends really show themselves. Thank you gentlemen. Mark, we just met but you didn't hesitate with the help, nice.

Tom sorry we jetted so early honestly I was ready to leave fri night;)

Ryan thank you for letting me use your rig to haul the pig home.

Melissa, babe I don't know how I could thank you enough for making my weekend:) Thanks babe:)
Your welcome darlin' anytime btw had fun taking the car apart and putting it back 2gether.... I think I'm getting pretty good at it!!!! lol... Hehe

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
Your welcome darlin' anytime btw had fun taking the car apart and putting it back 2gether.... I think I'm getting pretty good at it!!!! lol... Hehe
Your getting damn good, nice job pullin my head:)

·
*TINK*
193 Posts
Haha nice!!! Lol...

Well I drove Tomcat's car with his bolt-on's and I think I did well. I only made 2 passes 1st was a 12.27 @ 112.20 w/ a 1.797 60'
2nd was ah 12.10 @ 112.88 w/ a 1.749 60'

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
my car is more un-bolt-ons than bolt ons lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
I know that thing was gutted like crazy. I ended up weighing my car with me in it and weighed 3990lbs. Good lord my car is a pig. Need to put it on a diet this next month. No more ricers for it for awhile. I had decent times running the best of 12.3 at 114mph. Still think there is mid 11's in it but the tranny needs at least a trq converter first. Still running the auto stock and it does no like the power very well. Also had a procharger pipe come off and dont know when it started to come off so maybe could have ran faster. I know it caused my car to fall on its face the last round of the gto class and had to let out of it because I thought something was wrong and wanted to drive the car home that day. I couldnt even get the tires to spin that good because lost almost all boost because of the pipe being gone from the intercooler. It was so hot out though that my procharger oil was boiling when I went to check the oil on it to see if there were any problems.

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
damn im glad you didnt hurt it .

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yea just those dam procharger clamps are so crappy stock on the kit. Luckly it was just that. I still think the tranny is taking a beating though from all that extra power. I am putting money down on a 4l80 and should have it installed by August or sooner. Was going to go with the TH400 but need something with overdrive. I am also bumping up the boost to 10-11lbs of boost and putting on a BAP and maybe adding a blower cam. Tranny will come first though, should knock at least half second off my time or more.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts